Part 54

This awesome cover was made for this book by Lucy_Smoke! Thank you so much! I love it! <3 If anyone else wants to send me anything, please let me know! :)

Pushing the door open slowly to Ryder's room, I notice that the scent of him lingers – citrus and a hint of lavender. I give a cursory glance around the room, noticing that it's spacious but sparsely furnished. My eyes take a moment to adjust, with the help of the light coming from the hallway.A piece of artwork, with different shades of red, hangs above the bed opposite the door. The bed is covered in dark covers and are bunched up around a small figure in the middle of the bed. A small smile comes to my lips, and I see at the bottom of the bed an air mattress causing my smile to widen.

I feel comfort at knowing that Sophie wasn't alone, and one of the boys was by her side in the night. Guilt crept its way into my thoughts, when I realise that I should have been there for her, but I allowed myself to be in a state where I was unable to do that. I am no better than my own mother. I look away from Sophie for a moment, when my thoughts overwhelm me, trying to calm myself before I face her. My eyes fall on a map on the wall, as I walk closer I see that it is covered with small footprint stickers all over it. My eyes straining to make out the small details, I look around for more sources of light. I find a tall lamp in the corner near the map, and search around for a way to turn it on. Once the dim light fills the room, I move back to the map, and examine it more closely. The feet are two different colours. One of the set of feet were green, the big toe pointing at cities, and most of them were around the states, including Los Angeles, and a few were on Southern America and Europe. Trailing from the green feet were strings pointing to pictures and postcards. I look at them, and smile when almost all of them are of the guys who looked to be different ages in them all. I raise an eyebrow when I see one of the photos, trailing from the multiple green feet pointing at Phoenix, has the doctor that arrived at the hospital, Gerard, with who I assume to be the guys as they were young. I push it out of my mind when I look to the other set of feet and see that they are red.  I realise that the green ones are where he has been, and the red ones are where he wants to be. I look at some of the destinations and see that he wants to go to every continent and most countries. I give a small sad smile when I see that he wants to go to England. I may have had many bad memories in England, but the few good memories I have make me miss my past home, especially with all the bad things that have been happening in LA. I decide to come back later, and examine the photos more, but now I should wake Sophie up. I move to the bed, and sit gently down beside her, touching her shoulder. I stroke her hair slightly as she begins to wake up.

"Morning sweetie." Her eyes fly open and she gives me a big grin, sitting up and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You're back to normal?" she asks her eyes big and curious. I bite my lip, the guilt reappearing.

"Yes. I am," I say with a smile.

"Wyder said that we had to stay here for a bit..." she starts, pulling back and rubbing her eyes, her voice still full of sleep.

"We do," I tell her truthfully. "I don't know for how long." She claps her hands together excitedly. A happy smile touches my lips at seeing her happy, and to be honest, I'm feeling the same as her – pleased and excited. I wait for her to say something about the 'special medicine' that she sees Granny using, but it never comes.

"Shall we go down, sweetie?" I ask. She nods, lifting her hands up for me, causing me to scoop her up in my arms. We walk downstairs, stopping momentarily at the bathroom so Sophie can use it. When she sees the guys already up, Sophie wriggles in my arms trying to get down. I placer her on her feet and she runs forwards, looking around deciding who to go to first. She settles for going to the closest person, Trystan, who picks her up and begins to talk to her. I glance around the room and see Storm and Ashton are missing. How will I explain Storm's injuries to her? I'll leave it and see if she mentions it, and decide then. Storm may even answer for me. Jesse steps up next to me, slinging his arms around my neck and pulling me closer to him. He leans down to my ear, causing his brown hair to tickle my face.

"What do you want for breakfast? Quick before they realise they're hungry and you won't be able to have what you want. There'll be angry bears instead of 6 guys," he whispers giving me a wink when he pulls back. I ponder it for a moment before replying,

"Pancakes with fruit?" I suggest.

"Sure. Want to help?" I smile and nod, following Jesse into the kitchen. I look back and see that Sophie is happy in the arms of the guys. I don't want to jinx it, and I probably am by just thinking this, but it feels like everything is finally at a good place and all the bad is behind me.

Here you go! I hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)