Part 44

I don't know what to say, and by the looks of it, neither do the boys. Sophie looks between us, oblivious that she did something wrong. But, slowly, Sophie's face changes as she realises something is wrong. I clear my throat, trying to regain my composure and say something. Sam saves me from saying  anything just yet.

"I don't know about anyone else, but I need an ice cream." He announces. Sophie's eyes light up at the mention of ice cream. I am finally able to get something out.

"I know that Sophie probably wants one." I get vigorous nods from Sophie at my comment.

"What about you?" I reach for my bag and look to see how much money I have on me.

"I probably only have enough for one." I admit.

"We'll pay." Trystan counters.

"I can't let you do that..."  I start.

"Do you want one?" He asks, ignoring my comment. I sigh and nod.

"I'll have a strawberry." I tell them. The others give their orders, then Sam, Sophie (who wanted to hear the choices), Levi, and Trystan all went to find an ice cream van/shop. I look around at the remaining boys and Jinx.

"Who was she talking to?" Jesse asks.

"I don't know." I reply, shrugging. "I'm sorry. I hope it didn't make you too uncomfortable."

"It didn't. Don't worry, we understand." Ashton says, smiling. I give a weak smile back. I'm glad Sophie feels so comfortable around these boys, and I don't want to destroy that, but she needs to understand that they aren't her dad so she isn't disappointed when I eventually marry someone. It would only hurt her more when someone new and different comes into her life.

Jinx comes and stands next to me.

"Want to play frisbee, after the ice creams?" She asks. I agree, my smile growing stronger.

*^*^*

Five minutes later, Trystan, Levi, Sam, and Sophie walk back towards us with ice creams in their hands. Sophie runs towards me grinning. I look down at the ice cream in her hands, which had all sorts of toppings on.

"Wow. Look at your ice cream. Are you going to be able to eat it all?" I joke. She nods enthusiastically. Levi passes me my ice cream, if had a chocolate flake poking out the top. He winks at me.

"Thanks." I tell them all.

"You're welcome." Trystan replies. I pick out the chocolate flake and eat it. The ice cream starts to drip so I start to eat it. I let out a noise of satisfaction. It's creamy and delicious. I look up and see Sam has a huge ice cream in his hands. He grins and then points to his nose. I look at him puzzled. He chuckles.

"You've got some on your nose." He lets me know. I laugh along with him and wipe the liquid off.

Once all the ice creams are finished, and Sophie is all clean, Jinx pulls out a frisbee and asks who wants to play.

Sorry for the long wait. I started to write this at the beginning of the week and then didn't get a chance to post it until today. I hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)