The Fitting

The Fitting 

Chapter 90

Moana's POV

Time Skip... Three weeks later... The Fitting 

   Today's my wedding dress fitting and I'm so excited! Maui's fitting isn't until tomorrow so him and the guys are having some guy time while the girls came with me for their bridesmaid dress fittings as well. Ariel is my maid of honor by the way since her and I have been friends for the longest. Rapunzel was a little hurt by it but understood after I kindly explained it to her. Rapunzel's still a bridesmaid though along with Ana. I like Elsa but I don't know her well enough yet to make her a bridesmaid. Elsa's still invited to the wedding though. I kindly talked to her about the bridesmaid issue and she understood. I'm so glad everyone has been really understanding. I was nervous there'd be a cat fight between two of the girls and that's the last thing I need before the wedding. My pre wedding jitters are at an all time high because the wedding is a little over a week away. 

   As Rapunzel, Ariel, and Anna are being fitted for their dresses, Elsa volunteers to be a consult on choosing out my wedding dress. I ask for her opinion on what kind of neckline I should up for, what color, etc. She tells me that she thinks I could pull off a v-neck line and either cream or peach colored for the wedding dress. I know some girls don't opt for a traditional veil to go with their wedding dress so as tribute to my culture, I'm going to wear a tribal flower crown instead. I love flower crowns so much. I think my parents will appreciate the personal touch. I pick out five dresses I want to try on, all of them long and flowing. I personally love long dresses. I would feel weird wearing a shorter one on my wedding day. I try each one of them on, asking Elsa for her opinion. Elsa likes the first four but still believes that I should try on the last one. 

    I sigh. "Elsa, I've already tried on four. Do I have to?" Elsa smirks. "You'll never know if the last dress is made for you or not if you don't try it on." "Fineeeee." I try the last one on. It's cream colored with a v neck line, long, flowing, has flowers on the bottom, and makes me feel like a princess. I twirl around in the dressing room and gasp at the beauty of it. This is the dress. This is the one. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm getting this dress. I just pray that it won't cause too much of a dent financially. As I step out of the dressing, the rest of the girls have their dresses on and are standing beside Elsa. They all stop talking to one another as soon as they notice me standing before them in my soon to be wedding dress. All of them stare at me in awe, causing the heat to rush to my cheeks. "Moana" they all say in unison, "You look so beautiful." I end up blushing even more. I'm a blushing machine. I literally blush every single time someone gives me a compliment. 

   "Thank you everyone! So do you all think that this is the dress? It's okay if you say no, but I'm still going to get it nonetheless." Ariel comes over and wraps an arm around me. "We all think it's the dress for you. You've never looked more beautiful. Am I right girls?" Rapunzel, Anna, and Elsa all nod in agreement with genuine smiles on their faces, confirming that we all agree that this dress indeed my wedding dress. I take the dress and walk up to the woman at the register with a polite smile on my face. "Excuse me..." I read her name tag "Joanne... how much this dress?" She scans the price tag on it. "That dress is four hundred dollars." I grin. "That's cheaper than I thought it was going to be, which I'm thrilled about." I pull out four hundred dollar bills. "I'll take it." She smiles and rings up the dress, folds it carefully, and places it into a see through bag before handing it back to me. I then step aside and let the girls get their bridesmaid dresses run up. They're bridesmaid dresses are peach colored, which will be a nice offset to my cream colored dresses. We'll be like an assortment of flowers.... or cupcakes. I'm so weird, I know. 

   Their dresses only come to a hundred dollars a piece, which I'm amazed about as well as the price of my wedding dress. These prices are so cheap compared to what wedding and bridal dresses normally run for. "Elsa, are you sure you don't want to look for a dress for yourself? They have plenty of nice dresses for weddings that aren't actual wedding dresses and bridal gowns." Elsa gives me a kind smile. "I'm good. I actually have a really nice blue knee high dress that I bought last week but have yet to wear. It's perfect for your wedding." We all get into Elsa's car (she volunteered to drive us around today) and head to the mall to pick out shoes, which is the one thing Elsa needs to complete her outfit as well as the rest of us. 

Half an hour later...

  We get to the mall and go to JcPenney's to pick out shoes. Macy's is nice, but it's far too expensive for our liking. JcPenney actually has decent clearance unlike Macy's. All of us want pumps, which are heels but small ones. I don't like high heels. I don't wear shoes with heels more than two inches. If I did, I'd be arranging my own funeral. It only takes us each twenty minutes to find the pumps that we want.re We grab our designated pairs, take them up to the register, and pay for them. Once we're all set, we head back to campus, grab supper at the dining hall knowing the guys are busy doing whatever it is that they're doing, and enjoy each other's company over good food and drinks. I've accomplished a lot today and I'm proud of myself. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! Thank you for over 2,700 reads. <3 :) -Mary