Screwed Over Big Time

Chapter 65

Maui's POV

A few days later...

  Work has been pretty rough for me the past few days. Now that I'm no longer the new trainee, the other delivery drivers have been having me do a lot of their dirty work. I'm pissed. Just because I'm not a trainee but still the new guy on the block doesn't mean I should be stuck with the massive overload of deliveries like I have right now. I'm beyond exhausted but I won't be able to get home until late tonight because I've been screwed over to kingdom come. Mo's going to be mad at me because I promised that we'd go out for supper tonight since her parents are also working late and will probably be too tired to cook dinner tonight. I was going to bring them back some food as well. 

Four hours later...

 I glance at the clock on the wall of the restaurant and see that it's already almost midnight. Damn it. I clock out before any of my co workers and/or my boss can screw me over even further tonight. I get in my car, pull out of the parking lot, drive down to the end of the road, pull off to the side of the road, and call Mo. The phone rings three times before she answers. "Hey Maui." I wince at the sadness in her tone. "Hey princess. I'm so sorry I'm so late. I'm on my way home now. I got screwed over again at work tonight." She sighs. "It's not your fault Maui, though I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed." I sigh back. "I know but it's not my fault. I really need my job as I know you need yours. I'll be home in about twenty minutes. I can still grab us some food. What would you like? I'll even grab your parents some too. Are they home? Are they hungry?" 

  "It's okay Maui. My parents already had supper together when they came home from work. As for me, I'm good. Thank you though." Guilt arises in me. "Are you sure?" "I'm positive. I don't want you to starve yourself. Go grab some food to eat before you come home. You don't have to rush. If I don't answer the phone, it means I fell asleep but my dad's still awake doing some computer work in the kitchen." Great. Now I feel like an asshole. "Alright. I'll be home soon. I love you Mo." "I love you too Maui." She then hangs up on the phone leaving me with the belief that even though she said it isn't my fault, that she's still mad at me. Not wanting to face her yet and having extreme hunger pains at this point, I make a stop at Dairy Queen to grab some supper and ice cream. I just so happen to go to the one and only Dairy Queen Mo works out. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty nosy when I want to be. I wanted to see some of Mo's coworkers and her boss. 

  I'll paint a description of them all for you. Mo's coworkers are mixture of geeks, potheads, orange Malibu Barbies, and pretty boy Kens. As for her boss, her boss resembles the Wicked Witch of the West. She may as well paint herself green and shit. None of them know that I'm Mo's boyfriend but I really hope they don't have to find out the hard way. If they mess with her anymore, especially to the point where she comes home in tears, they will pay. 

Forty five minutes later...

  It's a few minutes after one in the morning. Mo's dad is the one to let me in. Disappointment resurfaces once again in me. I like Mo's dad, but I was hoping that she'd still be up. Knowing that I'm not going to get anywhere tonight, I quietly trudge upstairs, unload my things, brush my teeth, and get ready for bed. Today sucked and I'm glad that it's finally over. I plop down face first into my bed, groan into my pillow like a typical moody teenager would for several minutes on end, and mope for a couple additional minutes before getting out of bed to check on Mo before I actually go to sleep for the night. I quietly sneak down the hall to her room and open the door. As clear as day, I can see Mo asleep in bed, though she's stirring quite a bit. My frown shifts into a deeper one. It's clear that something's bothering her. If it wasn't me coming home late, then it's something else. 

   Not wanting my baby girl to have any nightmares, I carefully climb into bed with her. Thankfully she doesn't wake up despite my weight shifting the bed slightly. I gently pull her body closer to mine, wrapping my arms around her. As I do, I notice the tension in Mo's body disappearing. I smile to myself. I'm glad that I can make her stress disappear by simply holding her in my arms. Despite my super crappy day, it's nice to know that I can end it by having a good night's rest with the love of my life. I press a tender kiss to her forehead, whispering "Sweet dreams princess" in her ear. I see one last smile form in her sleep before sleep overcomes me too. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary