Getting Back To Normal

Chapter 47

Maui's POV

A week later...

  Things are finally starting to get back to normal again. I privately reported Gaston's participation in the kidnapping of Mo so he too got expelled. In addition, I heard that Tamatoa and Scar tried to rob a bank the other day so they're back in jail. All three of them are gone, at least for awhile, which is wonderful news. The team and coach is also much happier that we no longer with those three assholes. We had a game last night and did so much better than we have during any game so far this season. We still have a little over a month left of our season, but thanks to our recent victories, we have a shot at getting a slot in the playoffs, which are three weeks away. We got this, I know we do. 

  Mo's also doing really well physically, emotionally, and mentally. Sure she has her moments, but that's to be expected. Most of the bruises on her back are gone, the slight limp she had is completely gone, and she hardly talks about the kidnapping. In fact, she was thrilled about the news of Gaston being expelled and Tamatoa and Scar back in jail. I mean deep down a small part of us feels bad for Tamatoa, but he's had this coming for a long time now. The both of us have had a ton of exams lately and have aced all of them with flying colors. I think it's safe to say that things are beginning to turn around for us. As for Jack and Ariel, they're becoming more serious in their relationship. The two of them had a personal talk about wanting to take the next step in their relationship, both making sure the other gave full consent in doing so. I'm happy for them, though I know that Mo and I aren't ready to do that just yet. We both believe that everyone should go at their own pace. Sex shouldn't be a race, not that I'm saying that about Jack and Ariel. They've taken some time to think this through rather than doing it impulsively. 

  Speaking of big events, Mo and I's three month anniversary is in a few days. I know three months isn't that big of a deal, but I consider it a huge milestone, given everything that we've been through since we started dating. I'm going to take Mo out for a nice meal and buy her a little something too. I'd do anything to make my baby girl happy. I know she'll probably get me something but I really wish she wouldn't. Her simply being my girlfriend is enough for me. I tell her this everyday but she always tries to spoil me. I should be spoiling her all the time, not both of us spoiling each other. I guess it's because I've never really been loved until she came into my life. I just need to get used to being loved by someone as wonderful as her. 

 Tamatoa's POV

 So I'm back in the slammer with Scar. We're so cozy in our dingy cell. By the way, I'm being completely sarcastic. It's hell. We've tried to break out several times like we did before, but they've added more guards since we were last here. We've been trying for days and have finally given up. I've also learned a lot from the recent events. I've finally realized that I'm not getting anywhere in life with the way that I am and I need to change. I've been trying to get Scar to realize the same. It's harder for him to embrace change than me, even though I'm not the biggest fan of it myself. I'm sure that in time he'll learn to see it the way I do. 

  I know that you probably don't believe me about wanting to change but I really do. That's why I've given up trying to break out of this hell hole. I'm going to do my time like a man and when I do get out, I'm going to do exactly as Moana asked me to, which is to leave her and everyone she loves, including Maui, alone. In order for all of us to be left in the past, I need to stop making things worse. Moana's a lovely girl and I can't keep trying to destroy her life by harming the people she loves most, even if I don't like them myself. I'd know I'd feel the same way if someone did that to Gaston or Scar. Speaking of Gaston, he heard about Scar and I being arrested again the other day and has come to visit us twice since. I felt bad for him when he told me that he got expelled from the university for participating in the kidnapping of Moana, though I'm envious that he's not stuck in this cell with us. He still gets to work full time anywhere he wants and roam as he pleases. That's the beauty of freedom. Hopefully I get to experience it again someday.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! By the way, work picks up again for me full time rather than part time starting Monday because school starts up here. I work an elementary school during the school year and do some other things in the summer. Therefore, my updates might increase or decrease depending on how demanding work becomes. It varies from week to week. :) -Mary