Hello My Dear Friend Practice

Hello My Dear Friend Football Practice 

Chapter 75

Maui's POV

A few days later...

  Coach reached out to everyone last night in a group chat and told us that our first practice is today, which I'm currently at. I get to continue to keep my position as captain despite still being an underclassman for the rest of the year. I'm not really considered an upperclassman until I'm a junior next year. It feels great to be back on the field again. I've really missed football. Sure I played a bit for fun with Mo's dad over the summer, but it wasn't the same. We have our first big game next week so we're going into hardcore practice mode. Jack's on the team still and Flynn is one of the newbies, which is awesome. I've gotten to know Flynn quite a bit these past few days and I like him. He's a nice guy. Jack likes him too. It's nice to have another guy to hang out with during bro time and as a group with the girls. 

   Practice is going to last for the next five hours. Practice is usually only two to three hours but we have lost time to make up for. Coach is a good man. I know he wouldn't fake being as sick as he was. He apologized to us twelve times over the course of the last week and each time we've all told him that he has nothing to be sorry for, which he doesn't. People get sick, it happens. 

Three hours later...

  We're three hours in and things are going pretty smoothly. We've gone over the general rules of both football and the team, played an introduction game to let everyone know a little bit about each of us, ran through some drills, and now we're playing a practice game. When we play a practice game, we split the team in half so that we have an "opposing team" to try to beat. It's really good for strategical purposes, motivation, and skill development. 

Two hours later...

  Practice is coming to an end. We have practices everyday up until the game. Usually it's every other day but once again because of the time we lost, we have to make up for it. Sorry for the repetition, I'm just giving a friendly reminder is all. Jack, Flynn, and I are going to grab lunch before our evening class that we all have together, which is European History. Now I respect history I do, but there's only so much I can about hearing about historical figures from five hundred years ago. I happen to be more interested in following current events but that's just me. Jack nudges me on the shoulder. "So captain, how does it feel to have the power again?" I chuckle. "It feels good man." I turn to look at Flynn. "Good job out there Flynn. Not bad for a rookie." He grins. "Thanks Maui. I'm glad you're the captain and not some self righteous asshole." I smirk at him. "I can be one if needed but never to my friends. Mainly the to the slackers or wise guys." 

   Flynn smirks back at me. "I'll keep that in mind." Jack looks at the two of us, silently asking us for permission to speak. I crack a sincere smile. "You don't have to ask for permission to speak Jack." He blushes slightly. "R-Right sorry, force of habit. Anyways, I was going to ask you who you think the biggest slacker is so far." "Without a doubt it's Aladdin. He's a nice enough guy but he really needs to get better. If he slacks off again tomorrow, I'll politely talk to him about it." Jack and Flynn nod in agreement. We get to the dining hall, grab some burgers and fries for lunch along with three sodas and eat them before European History. 

Half an hour later...

  We head to class and suffer for the next hour and a half our lives. We have this class twice a week for an hour and a half each day, which totals to three hours weekly that we will be suffering. The professor isn't mean, but he's a bore. He's nearing seventy, has an accent that makes it hard to comprehend half of what he's saying, and he's loaded us up with homework already. Kill me now. 

After class...

  We all head back to our dorms to get out of our sweaty football gear, which we unfortunately had to wear during class due to how little time we had to eat and get to class, freshen up, and get started on our homework. The three of us are bummed out that we don't have time to see our girlfriends today, but we plan on meeting up with them tomorrow for dinner. We're sure to text them to let them know we're fine and there's nothing to worry about. 

Three hours later...

  I call it quits on my homework for the night because I've gotten a majority of it done and I'm exhausted. Well that and I really want to talk to Mo before bed for a few minutes. I scroll down to her number and call her. She picks up on the third ring. "Hey Maui. It's nice to hear from you! I wasn't sure if I was going to today. How was practice?" I smile. She's so sweet. She remembers nearly everything about me and nearly everything I tell her about. "It was great. Jack's back on the team again this year and Flynn's a good asset. Practice had to be extended a couple hours longer than normal due to the time we've lost this past week, but it'll go back to three hours instead of five hours next week." "That's good. I'm glad it went well. I had two classes today and tried out for the women's acapella group for fun. I find out next week whether or not I made it." 

  "That's awesome Mo! I know you're going to make it! You have the most beautiful voice in the world." I can practically hear the blush on her face through the phone, causing me to blush a bit myself. "Thank you Maui." "You're very welcome princess. I'm sorry that I couldn't see you today but I promise we'll at least grab dinner tomorrow okay. I was thinking we could go off campus. I want some alone with you. We've hardly had any in over a week." "I'd love that Maui. I have to go because I have some homework to finish up but I really wanted to hear your voice, even if it was only for a few minutes. I love you. Sleep well." I smile to myself. "Same here my love and good night. I love you too. Sleep well and don't stay up all night to get all of your work done at once, I know you tend to do that in secrecy." "Mauuuuiii.", she whines into the phone, causing me to chuckle. "Mooooooaaannnaaaaaa", I whine back. "Fine Maui, I won't." "Good. Goodbye love." "Goodbye my love who can be a stubborn pighead."

  I pretend to be offended by playing gasping into the phone, resulting in an adorable giggle from Mo before she hangs up the phone. I'm glad that I called her before we both went to bed for the night. When I can't see her, hearing her voice puts me at ease. I go down the hall to brush my teeth and use the bathroom before heading to bed. I have pleasant dreams thanks to hearing Mo's voice just a few minutes ago. I love my princess with all my heart.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I've only been updating once a day instead of twice like I used to do a majority of the time because I've been doing longer chapters. I actually like the longer chapters for the most part. Let me know what you guys think is better. :) -Mary