Welcome To Disney University

Chapter 1

Moana's POV

  Today is Maui and I's first day at the famous Disney University. We both got accepted back in January and were mind blown that about not only about being accepted, but also about the fact that we got significantly large scholarships. Nearly all of our tuition, housing, and meal expenses are covered. The only things we have to pay out of pocket for are the small remaining balances, dorm necessities, school supplies, and textbooks. We're so lucky. Not everyone gets the help that we got, but then again it also shows just how much we've struggled all of our lives. Maui and I have been best friends since elementary school. He's two years older than me, that making him nineteen and me seventeen. I love him so much. Though lately, I've noticed my feelings for him have... well  changed. I'm not entirely sure if it's what you call love, but it's certainly deeper than friendship. He'd never like me that. We've been best friends for so long and he'd probably find it creepy that I have a small crush on him. 

  Anyways, Maui and I both are in line to get our schedules. An older woman who goes by the name Fairy Godmother (that's a little weird if you ask me) hands us our schedules. Maui and I glance at our schedules and grin at one another. We have all of our academic classes together. The only classes that we don't have together are the ones geared towards our majors, his being Philosophy and mine being Elementary Education. Maui's always loved deep thinking and I've always loving teaching the children in my town how to read, dance, etc so our choices in majors makes sense for the both of us. "I'm so happy you're in most of my classes Maui. I was so scared that the universe was going to doom us and we'd have no classes together. Four out of five is pretty good." He gives me one of his famous and adorable toothy grins. "I think so too princess." 

  I blush and roll my eyes, pretending that I don't like him calling me princess, though I really do. "I'm not a princess Maui." He gives me an eye roll back. "If you wear a lot of dresses and have animal sidekicks, which you have both, therefore you're a princess." I glare at him playfully. "If you were more of a gentleman, I'd call you a prince, but I don't think that quite suits you. I'd say you're more of a jester." He raises an eyebrow at me. "A jester? Well I guess that's fitting, though you forgot one little detail." I raise my eyebrow back at him. "Oh yeah? What would that be?" Maui smirks at me. "I'm a jester that you loooovvveeee." I roll my eyes. "Depends on the day Maui. Now let's get to our first class. The last thing I want is for us to be late and have a bunch of random people stare at us as we enter and the professor giving us the stink eye."

  He puts a giant hand on my shoulder. "Mo, relax. We're fine, everything is fine. We've had each other since childhood and we always will. Right?" I take a deep breath and relax at his simple touch. "We're fine, everything is fine, we always have had each other, and we will always have each other. For the rest of our lives and beyond." He chuckles and pulls me in for a hug. "Good. Now let's get to class." He extends an arm out playfully. I wrap mine in his and we skip to our first class today, which is Intro to University, like the dorks that we are. We earn ourselves plenty of stares, some conveying amusement and others of disgust. University is definitely going to be an interesting experience...

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I often say that I need at least a few days to get inspiration to start writing, but I usually get it sooner. I got some this morning and decided to write the first chapter to rope you all into this fanfic. :) -Mary