From Crappy To Great

Chapter 87

Maui's POV

 Mo and I are heading back from the lake right now since it's getting dark and both of us are starving, hence we're going to grab some supper. We're getting supper at McDonalds off campus because we want to talk some more in private without everyone asking us a bunch of questions about me and what Mo and I have been doing. Mo also told me that she has some really good news for me that will lift my spirits even more than our amazing kiss did. I try to ask her questions about the news but she refuses to even drop a hint until we're sitting in McDonalds with our food in front of us. Ugh, she's so stubborn. I think I've rubbed off on her too much over the years. Go figure. 

Fifteen minutes later...

  Mo pulls into McDonalds ( I walked to the lake so she has to drive us around). She parks the car and grabs a hold of my hand when I get out. I smile and hold it tightly but not too tightly, letting her pull me into McDonalds. When it's our turn to order, I pull out my wallet and pay for the both of us. Mo pouts adorably about it but doesn't argue with me like she normally does. I guess she's letting this debate slide for once since I had a crappy day. What a sweetheart she is, I'm not being sarcastic when I say that by the way. After we get our food, which is two cheeseburgers and iced tea for Mo and fries and soda for me, we pick a nice table away from everyone so we can talk freely. 

  "Mo, I can't take it any longer. What's the news? I'm dying to know." She smirks at me. "It's so cute when you beg me to say and/or do something." I roll my eyes. "Ha ha, very funny princess. Seriously though, please tell me." Her cocky smirk shifts into a gentle smile. "Fine, I'll tell you." I eat a couple of fries as she begins telling me the good news. "The good news is that we have enough money." I look at her in shock. "We do?" She nods her head eagerly with a giant grin on her face, causing one to form on mine as well.  "So we're able to get married anytime we want now?" Mo smiles. "We can get married anytime we want now." I go around to her side of the table and pull her into a hug. "This is amazing! When do you want to get married?" She pulls out of the hug and caresses my cheek gently. "How about in two months? Two months isn't too far away but yet it gives us time to get everything in order." 

  "Two months sounds perfect. Do you want to head up to the beach this weekend to reserve a spot for the wedding? They have plenty of oceanside venues to hold it at." Mo nods. "I'd love that. We can get something done and have a beach day at the same time, even it's only the end of March." I chuckle at that. "Maybe we can even go for a swim." She playfully swats me. "It's not warm enough for that yet Maui." I shrug my shoulders. "Eh oh well." Both of us burst into laughter at my stupidity. I can intelligent when I want to be, but a majority of the time I'm just a stupid dork and you know what, that's okay. It's about time I accepted myself for who I am and the way I am. I have friends, family, and a fiancee who care so much about me. I need to be more grateful for that. 

  An hour later...

  We've finished eating and decide to finally head back to campus because our phones have been blowing up with texts from Jack, Rapunzel, Ariel, Flynn, Kristoff, and Anna asking if everything's okay. I responded on behalf of both of us in a group chat since Mo's busy driving, telling everyone that I'm okay and everything is fine with the both of us, though I asked them to give us a bit of space tonight. Mo and I just want to relax without everyone being on our case about things. We appreciate their concern but sometimes concern can become overwhelming without people realizing it. 

Twenty minutes later... 

  Mo and I get back to our dorm building. She parks the car and I walk to her dorm. When we get there, we linger in the hallway for a few minutes. I wrap my arms around Mo's waist and pull her body close to mine. "Thank you for today Mo. I really needed and appreciated it. You made me feel a lot better about my failure on that stupid exam and helped ease my stress. Heck, as soon as you showed up, most of stress vanished instantly. You're like magic." She blushes and looks up at me bashfully. "I'm not magical, but I appreciate the compliment nonetheless. Mainly though, I'm just glad I was able to cheer you up. If you get stressed like that again over an exam, just remember that in just two months, you and I will be having our dream wedding at the beach by the ocean, surrounded by our closest friends and family, becoming husband and wife, forming the most special bond of all." 

  I pull her in for a gentle kiss that quickly becomes more passionate and lasts for two minutes before I pull apart to respond. "I can't wait for it. It's going to be the best day of my life." She leans her head on my chest. "It'll be mine too." We share one last hug and kiss before we part ways for the night. It's funny how today started off so crappy and ended on such a high note. Life is like that sometimes. It's weird. I need a life dictionary to be honest. I know that there's no such thing but there really should be. It'd be a big help. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary