Did I Help You Forget?

Chapter 39

Maui's POV

A few days later... The day before the trial...

  The trial is tomorrow and Mo's an emotional mess. She's been happy, sad, angry, and confused all within the past hour. I'm afraid that she might end up beating me up and not even knowing why she's doing so. I think that I should take her off campus for a bit to relax a bit. "Mo, I have an idea." She looks at me curiously. "And what would that be?" I give her a gentle smile. "Let's go out. Just the two of us. We'll go wherever you want and do whatever you want. I know tomorrow's a big deal for you and it's weighing you down in every which way. Let me help you take your mind off of it for a little while." She takes a moment to debate whether or not she wants to go out but in the end, she ends up nodding her head and agreeing to letting me take me out. "Maui, can we out to eat and then just sit in the car for awhile afterwards?" I smile widely.  "That sounds good to me. I'll drive." We get in my car a few minutes later and head to Olive Garden.

 Half an hour later...

 Moana's POV 

   We arrive at Olive Garden and I begin to realize just how hungry I really am. I haven't eaten anything today so I know for a fact that I'll eat up a storm for dinner. As good as food from the dining hall is, it's nice to eat off campus at times too. We get seated quickly. "Maui I know that Olive Garden isn't the cheapest and it's so sweet of you to take me here for dinner. Thank you so much." Maui waves my thanks away. "Anything for my girl. I'd walk heaven and earth for you if it made you happy." A giggle slips out of my mouth. "You don't have to do that Maui." He grins playfully. "I know I don't have to but I would. You're worth it." It takes everything in me not to jump over the table and into his arms. I have to keep reminding myself that we're in public. 

  Our waiter comes over to take our drink orders. I order a peach iced tea (they have a really good one) and Maui orders a strawberry lemonade refresher. They're placed in front of us a minute later along with some delicious looking breadsticks. I dig into them while ordering myself some spaghetti with the new angry alfredo sauce along with some chicken gnocchi soup. Maui chuckles at my actions but does the same, except he orders chicken parm and pasta fagioli soup. As the waiter finishes jotting down our order, I notice at my boobs. Maui notices it too and makes a coughing sound to snap him out his trance. The waiter blushes profusely and dashes off to the kitchen to put our order in. I look at Maui sheepishly. "That was awkward, don't you think?" He crosses his arms across his chest in a jealous manner. "You're just too beautiful. I know you don't see it, but nearly every guy fawns over you, even that sick bastard Tamatoa. That's the one thing I can't blame him for." 

   I bit my lip and blush. "I-I'm really not Maui." Maui frowns. "You are and I really wish you could see yourself the way that I do." I smile at him sadly. "I'll see myself that way you do if you see yourself the way that I do." He raises an eyebrow. "And just how do you see me?" I motion for him to let me take his hands across the table and he lets me. I squeeze them gently and look straight into his eyes. "I see you as the most amazing boyfriend and best friend in the world. I see you as a kind, handsome, intelligent, talented, and hardworking man. I see you as a man who deserves nothing less than the world." Maui hardly ever cries but a tear ends up slipping down his cheek. He uses the back of his hand to wipe it away. "Moana, I love you so much. I just don't deserve you." As our food is placed in front of us, I smile and say "It's me who doesn't deserve you." 

   Hunger then gets the best of us and we eat at full force in a peaceful silence before debating about whether or not we should get dessert (we end up caving in and ordering ourselves some cake.) Everything is so good. The bill is a bit more than we hoped it would be. I offered to split it with Maui but he refuses to let me chip in anything whatsoever. Gah he's such a gentleman. We then bounce, drive a little ways, and sit in the car by the lake (with the heat because it's hella cold). We talk about anything and everything. Tonight's been so nice that I haven't even thought about the trial at all. I lean my head on Maui's shoulder. "Thank you for tonight. I really needed this Maui." He presses a tender kiss to my forehead. "You're welcome princess. You know, I think that in some ways I needed this tonight to. Was I successful in helping you forget for a bit?" I press a kiss to lips. "You were." He returns my kiss, the gentleness in the kiss hitting me in my feels. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! By the way, thank you so much for 1,000 reads. I love you guys so much. :) <3 -Mary