Move In Day: Sophomore Year Edition

Chapter 72

Moana's POV

Two days later... Move in day...

 It's six in the morning and I'm already up. Ugh this sucks. I don't function at all before ten in the morning. I know I have to be up though because it's move in day, which is a big deal because it's made me realize that I truly am a sophomore in college and classes start up in two days. We have today to move in and get settled and some orientation sessions to attend tomorrow. Oh the joys of going back to Disney University. It's going to take Maui and I an hour to pack up our cars and another hour to get to campus. We won't get there before nine sadly because we're both hungry and will probably grab a quite bite to eat at Dunkin's for a bagel and tea. Don't bash us, we all need that kick in the morning to help us function for the rest of the day.

 An hour later... 

  We're all packed up. My parents drive me in my car while Maui follows us closely behind in his car. I didn't mind driving my own car to campus but my parents insisted on my dad driving because I have enough hard to do today as it is. After five minutes of bickering about it, I gave in and let my dad drive me to campus. He flashed me a signature smirk of his. Maui's not the only one who can be a smartass when he wants to be. My dad is a great at being a smartass too, though Maui's the all time champ. As we get closer to campus, both my excitement and nerves build up. I'm less nervous than last year of course, but I'm still nervous about what this year brings. Thankfully I don't have to worry about Tamatoa, Scar, and Gaston, but there still be other things to worry about like keeping my grades up so I don't lose my scholarships and time management. I hope I can stay afloat. 

  When we pull into campus, we have to find the building that I'm going to be living in. It's a different one from last year but it's a nicer one. Plus, it doesn't have freshman in it. Nothing against the freshman since I was one myself last year, but they're a bit on the wild side. I don't feel like dealing with a lot of wild parties and such this year. Ariel outgrew the party scene by the end of last year too. Hooray! I've always hated parties like that but I went for Ariel's sake because I really didn't want her to be alone. Jack felt the same way and still does. When I get out of the car to begin to unload, Ariel pops up out of nowhere and hugs me. "Mo, it feels like it's been forever!" I giggle and hug her back. "I know even though it's only been a few weeks. We can talk more about the rest of our summer once we get settled. Go get your stuff girl! I'll see you in a few." She nods eagerly and dashes off to wherever she came from. 

   Maui parks his car a few cars away from mine and comes running over to my car. I look at him in confusion. "Maui, shouldn't you be unloading your things?" He grins. "I will but I want to help you first. Your parents shouldn't be lifting too much." My dad pulls Maui in for a hug. "You're so good to both my wife and I as well as our daughter. I really hope you marry her someday." Both Maui and I blush profusely at the thought of marriage but yet my heart swells at the mention of it. Maui looks down at me with pure love in his eyes. "Trust me, I will marry her one day. I take it I have your blessing though." My mom smiles warmly at the both of us. "You sure do Maui." We let the moment linger for a minute longer before getting back to the task at hand, moving into our dorms. Maui helps my parents and I move my stuff into my dorm. We get everything in within an hour thanks to Maui. 

  Maui gives me a quick peck on the lips. "I'll see you later princess." I blush once again. "See you later Maui." He grins at my parents and waves before disappearing out of sight. My parents then help Ariel and I unload our things. I forgot to mention that she beat me to the room. We spend another couple of hours unloading everything before we're finally done. My parents stay for another hour to hang out and take in the dorm itself before sadly having to leave. Before they leave, I make a promise to see them at least once a month. It's hard for us when we go more than a month without seeing each other. I'm going to try to get better at visiting them and vice versa. Life just gets in the way sometimes and really complicates everything. Blah.

  Once Ariel's parents leave as well, Ariel and I chill for a bit. "So Ariel, what'd you do for the rest of the summer?" "Jack and I went had a couple of beach days, we did a lot of dorm and supply shopping, and got to know each others' families more. What about you?" "Maui and I worked a lot, had a lot of nice dinners together, went to the movies a couple times, and did dorm and supply shopping. Basically the same as you and Jack." Ariel smirks at me. "We sure do obsess over our boyfriends." I giggle. "Yeah we do but only because they're the best." She nods in agreement. You've got that right girl." We spend the rest of the afternoon hooking up our TVs and watching the news for awhile to catch up on the latest events in the world before deciding to swing by Jack and Maui's dorm to see how they've settled in. 

   Jack and Maui live in same building  this year which we're thrilled about. We live on the first floor and they're on the third floor. It's wonderful not having to trek all the way across campus in order to get to their dorm. We arrive there in only a minute thanks to the elevator in our building. Their door is wide open and full of boxes that say Jack's name on them. Ariel giggles and I shake my head. What a Jack like thing to do. Maui and Jack light up when they notice our presence. Maui scoops me up in his arms and Jack does the same to Ariel. "I take it that some stuff hasn't been unpacked yet." Maui playfully rolls his eyes and he ruffles my hair. "What a obvious observation princess, though it's all Jack's and not mine for once. You should be proud of me. I actually found the motivation to unload all of my things in a timely fashion. I finished unpacking about an hour ago. Jack on the other hand... not so much." Jack groans. "Shut up Maui. It's so much work." Ariel giggles. "I'll help you Jack." 

   Jack grins wickedly. "See, Ariel is nice unlike you Maui, learn some manners." Maui playfully swats him on the arm. "Shut up Jack. You're just mad because I'm more motivated than you are to get work done. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from me." Jack then does an imitation of Maui. He talks in a deep voice like him, stands on his tip toes, and puffs out his chest. The impression of him causes us all to burst out in laughter. It's so funny that I nearly choke on my own spit. Yes I'm capable of choking on my own spit. I'm just that skilled. After a few minutes, we finally calm down and Ariel helps Jack unload the rest of his things while Maui and I talk a walk for a few. "Maui, it's really nice that we live in the same building now." He smiles. "It sure is. Plus living in the same building makes it easier for us to have sleepovers." I giggle. "You make us sound like ten year old kids." He wraps an arm around me and kisses me on the cheek. "Is that a bad thing?" I lean my head on his shoulder. "Not at all. I love reminiscing about our childhood together. Those are some of the best memories of my life." 

   Maui nods in agreement. "Mine too. Say, can I see what you dorm looks like, seeing that Ariel will be in mine and Jack's for awhile?" I smile. "That'd be great." We take the elevator down to the first floor so that I can give him a proper tour of Ariel and I's dorm room. As I give him the tour, he stares at everything in awe. "It looks lovely Mo. You two did a great job, especially you." I blush and smile. "Thank you Maui." I go to give him a kiss but he ends up closing the distance between us. It's like he can read my mind. We end up making out passionately for awhile until Ariel and Jack meet us down here. From there, we all go to supper together and then call it a night because we all have a busy day full of sophomore year orientation sessions. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary