He Makes Me A Fumbling Fool

Chapter 7

Moana's POV

 An hour later...

  I wake up from my nap to find Maui wide awake next to me. I stare into his gorgeous brown eyes and smile lovingly at him. Though as I look at him intensely, I can see stress on his face and worry in his eyes. My smile quickly turns into a frown. "M-Maui? What's wrong? I know something's wrong." He sighs. "There is. I want to tell you but you have so much on your plate already Mo that I don't want to stress you out further." I put a hand on his cheek, caressing it gently as he closes his eyes. "I appreciate that Maui, but if it's important, I need to know." He nods. "It's important. It's about Ariel..." I raise an eyebrow at him. "What about Ariel? Maui's stressed out facial expression turns into a somber one. "Ariel got drug raped at the party that Jack and her went to." 

   A loud gasps slips out and my heart breaks. "I-Is she going to be okay?" Maui wraps an arm around me and I hide my face in his chest. "She was unconscious when Jack and I found her. That's the errand I had to run. Jack needed my help to fight off the asshole who did this to her. The asshole who did it happens to be the captain of the football team. He's going to make my life hell if I make the team. It's always the evil people who get everything. It's not fair. As for Ariel, she has no physical injuries. Emotional and mental injuries are a different story. I assume that once she wakes up, you'll be the first to know what happened before Jack and I got to her." Maui wraps his hands in mine. "Jack is going to spend the night with her in your dorm and you will be spending the night in mine. Is that okay?" 

   I untangle myself from Maui's chest to look him in the eyes. "I wish it were under happier circumstances, but yet I'm thrilled to get to spend the night with you. Though I have one request." He raises an eyebrow at me. "What would that be my love?" I blush at him calling me his love. It's so formal but adorable at the same time. "Help me take my mind off of this. Let's talk about something else. Literally anything else." Maui snickers at me. "Well I could talk to you about where babies come from. You see when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much..." I turn bright red and swat him on the arm. "Maui!", I squeal. "We're too young to be thinking about that." He laughs and puts his hands up in surrender. "I surrender, though to counteract that, I may be two years older, but I have the appearance of a thirty five year old man." I roll my eyes playfully. "Yeah and the maturity of a ten year old." 

   Maui puts adorably at me. "Oh come on. You love my sense of humor." I kiss him on the cheek. "I do, most of the time." Maui crosses his arms playfully before pecking me on the lips. "That's what you get." I smirk at him. "If that's what I get, then please, by all means, punish me again." He does it again. "Oh I plan on punishing you each and every day." I blush like crazy. All of confidence as now disappeared and I'm a fumbling fool. Sure I've dated guys before Maui but none of them render me speechless and makes me the feel the way I do like he does. Curse you Maui, you beautiful human being. You made me fall so deeply in love with you and I'll never be the same again.

Jack's POV

  I made it back to Ariel and Mo's dorm. Ariel happened to give me a spare key in case she got super drunk and wasn't able to let herself in. I immediately place her in bed and sit at the foot of it. I know that sleep isn't going to come to me tonight so I'm going to stay awake and monitor Ariel's condition. There's a good chance that she could wake up and start having a panic attack. I need to be here for her. She needs me right now. I lean down and kiss her forehead. Please wake up soon princess. I don't want to lose you. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary