I'm Not Sure I Can Do It

Chapter 36

Moana's POV

A few days later...

  I got released from the hospital yesterday and I've never been happier to be back in my dorm room with Ariel. Things are still far from normal, but being back here on campus is a start. All of my professors know about my accident and gave me extensions on all of my assignments by two weeks. In addition, I have two more days off before I start classes again. I'm so happy everyone's been so understanding of my condition. Even random people on campus... including the ice queen Elsa have been giving me their sympathy, care packages, etc. I was definitely shocked by Elsa doing so. I mean we had a nasty fight a few years ago and she couldn't seem to, let it go. 

   I'm just organizing my books when there's a knock on the door. I start to get up to answer it but Ariel motions for me to sit back down. I roll my eyes playfully and she giggles, rushing to answer the door. She opens the door and Maui walks in, instantly lifting my spirits. I throw my arms around him. "MAUI!" He spins me around in his arms before gently setting me down on my bed. "Someone's excited to see me." Ariel winks at him and I, causing the both of us to blush intensely. "How are you feeling princess?" I smile up at him. "I'm tired and have a bit of a headache, but aside from that I'm feeling okay." Maui gives me a gentle smile. "I'm glad to hear that Mo." 

   Maui suddenly grows quiet and I know that there's something on his mind. "Maui, what are you not telling me?" He looks at me in shock. "What do you mean by that?" I look up at him. "I know when you're keeping something from me and right now is one of those times. Please tell me Maui. If it regards me and my situation, I need to know." He nods in agreement and sighs. "Scar got realized from jail this morning on bail." My heart begins to race. Sweat pours down my face instantly and my hands start to shake. Maui notices and squeezes my hands tight. "Mo, baby, I'm sorry. I'm afraid that's not all. The campus police filed a report with the town's police department. They want to testify in court, facing Tamatoa and Scar. Both of them are up for trail. Tamatoa wasn't caught in his crimes until just last night. He's also been officially expelled from university." 

   I sit in silence shaking and trying to absorb all of this. I thought I was free from ever having to face those two monsters again but no. I'm going to have to relive the whole experience in court in front of everyone. Everyone's going to want a free ticket to watch me lose my mind. I look down at the ground sadly. "Maui...", I say in nothing more than a whisper. "I can't do it." Maui gently cups my face, forcing me to look him in the eyes. My tears are clouded with tears that are threatening to spill out any minute now. Maui wraps his strong and safe arms around me, holding me as I burst into tears. "Maui, I'm sorry. I just can't face them again, especially not so soon." "Sssshhh Mo, baby, it's okay. You don't have to face them right now. You don't even have to face them at all if you don't want to." He rubs gentle circles on back, which helps me to calm down a bit after letting all of my tears out. 

   "Mo, I want to you look at me for a minute." His voice begins to crack. "Please." The sadness in his voice gets me to look at him without hesitation. "Mo, what happened to you as the worst thing I've ever seen him to you. It scared the hell out of me. You almost died, your injuries were severe and still somewhat are, and you lost your memory for several days. I didn't know if you were going to come back to me or not. Those two assholes are going to pay for what they did to you. I know you hate when I talk like this, but I'm going to kill them with my bare hands if they don't rot in prison for the rest of their lives." I look at him in a mixture of surprise and sorrow. "Maui, when I'm lost, I'm always going to find my way back to you. I love you so much. There's no one else for me but you. You've everything to me. If I ever lost you, I'd die."

   Maui flinches at my choice of words, making me realize that I could have phrased them better. I mentally face palm myself. "I'll shut up now Maui. I'm clearly not a great speaker." Maui laughs sadly. "It's okay Mo. You and I both know that I've said far worse." I try to remain serious but a giggle slips out. He begins to brighten up. "Was that a giggle I heard come out of my princess' mouth?" I shrug my shoulders playfully and grin. "Maybe, maybe not. You'll never know." His innocent grin shifts into a more devilish one. "I know one way to find out." I don't even have the chance to ask what that way is before I'm thrown down onto the bed being tickled in my ticklish areas by Maui. All of the worries that the both of us had just moments ago have vanished. Only Maui can have such an effect on me. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! Thank you so much over 900 reads. I'm so close to a thousand on this fanfic already. I'm mindblown for sure. <3  :) -Mary