A Good Ending To A Rough Week

Chapter 58

Moana's POV

Four days later... Friday evening...

 This week has been the longest week for Maui and I, but we got through it by the skin of our teeth. Maui and I are having a study date in the library right not to get some work done in peace, though Maui seems to be in a really giddy mood considering that he's been just as much of a mess as I have. "Maui, if you smile anymore, your face is going to be stuck in a smile forever." He blushes and chuckles. "I'm sorry. I know I'm acting a little weird, but I promise it's for a good reason." I raise an eyebrow as I type up on an essay. "And what would that be?" Maui flashes me a toothy grin that melts my heart. "Why a nice date tomorrow. We'll spend the entire day doing whatever you want, just the two of us. We'll end it with a dinner at a nice restaurant. It's all on me by the way." 

  I pout. "Maui, you never let me spoil you." Maui waves away my comment. "It's more fun to spoil you. Plus you've spoiled me enough as it is during the holiday break. You and your parents were kind enough to let me spend Christmas and New Years with you guys. You even bought me all of those presents on Christmas and have been there for me all week. Trust me, you do a lot for me too Mo." I sigh. "I know, I just feel like you spoil me more than I spoil you." Maui puts a hand on my knee and squeezes it gently. "Mo, I'm your boyfriend who loves you very much. Let me spoil you as much as I please." I sigh knowing that I'm not going to win this debate. "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." Maui pecks me on the cheek, causing the heat to rush to my cheeks. "Yay I won." I giggle. "Yeah this time." He winks. "I always win. It's my specialty." 

   A moment of peaceful silence passes. I'm still typing up my essay when Maui makes a sound that sounds like him clearing his throat. "I don't mean to keep distracting the both of us from our work, but I wanted to ask you how much work you have left to do." "I have about another two hours worth of work. I have to finish typing up this essay, submitting the essay by email, and then have a bit of reading to do. What about you Maui?" He bites his lip in the way that turns me on. "I have a quiz to do online that'll take about a half an hour to do and then some reading as well." I nod and dive back into my work with full concentration and Maui does the same. 

Two hours later...

  Maui and I finally have finished our work. Now we have the rest of the weekend to breathe and enjoy ourselves. This week has been brutal, but spending the day with Maui tomorrow will have been worth suffering through every minute of this week. "Hey Mo, have you eaten anything since breakfast?" I sheepishly shake my head no. "Neither have I. The dining hall's closed now unfortunately, but we could go down to the pizza parlor and grab some pizza." I smile. "That sounds good to me Maui." We pack up our things and head down the massive hill to the pizza parlor. When we get there, I debate about what kind of pizza I want for my half of the pizza. See Maui and I often do half and half pizzas when we can't agree on the kind of pizza that we want. It's a win win solution because it ensures that we both get what we want. I decide on buffalo chicken for my half and Maui decides on hamburger for his half. What an interesting combo. I can't wait to see what our pizza looks like. As for drinks, we both ended up getting iced teas. 

Fifteen minutes later...

 Our pizza is placed in front of us and I begin to drool. Maui chuckles and I groan. "Let me guess, I'm drooling?" He nods while chuckling some more. "Yes you are." I blush and wipe the drool off my face before it can fall onto the pizza. After that, I dive into my half of the pizza like the pig that I am, though Maui does the same so I feel less insecure.

Another fifteen minutes later... 

  We're already done with the entire pizza. Maui and I didn't stop for breath whatsoever because that's how hungry we were. Food just makes us so happy. We linger around for a few more minutes before Maui walks me back my dorm for the night, though we take our time walking back. I place my hand in Maui's and hold his tightly. "This is a good ending to an awful week, don't you think Maui." He grabs a hold of my free hand and presses it to his lips. "I do indeed, though I think tomorrow will be even better." I nod in agreement, stand on my tiptoes, and pull him in for a kiss. It takes Maui by surprise but he happily kisses me back. We do this for a couple of minutes before pulling apart and finishing our walk to my dorm. 

  When we get to my dorm ten minutes later, Maui and I linger in the doorway for a few minutes. I stare up at him blushing like a maniac and looking like a massive dork. "Tonight was nice Maui. I can't wait for tomorrow. What time should I expect you to come by for me?" Maui pecks me on the cheek. "I want you to get some rest and sleep in. How about one o'clock in the afternoon?" I smile. "Sounds good to me. I'll be able to actually get some rest for once this week and have the energy for our date tomorrow. I want you to get some rest too Maui." He pulls me in for a gentle hug. "Don't worry about me Mo. I'm fine. Get some rest and have pleasant dreams." He rubs circles on my back for a minute before giving me one last hug and kiss for the night. "I love you Mo." "I love you too Maui." I stand in the doorway and watch him leave before closing the door to get ready for bed. 

Half an hour later...

  I've managed to take a quick shower, brush and floss my teeth, fix my hair, and change into my nightgown. I'm officially ready for bed. I plop into it and fall asleep quickly, having nothing but pleasant dreams, all of them involving Maui and I. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary