Worries And Hanging Out

Chapter 18

Moana's POV

  Boy was that intense and also awkward. Well Maui and Tamatoa where having a verbal battle, I noticed Tamatoa staring at me a lot, but in a different way. Instead of eyeing me like a piece of meet, he was staring into my soul. I shake away the thought because it's sickening. Tamatoa having true romantic feelings for me is just as bad, if not worse as him using me for sex. Maui takes me back to his dorm so we can relax a bit. He jingles with his keys in his pants pocket and unlocks the door rather hastily. While he's calmed down a little, I can tell that he's still upset about what happened at the party. I don't blame him. I'm upset myself. 

    Maui plops himself down on his bed and I join him. "Maui, are you okay?" He looks at me with glassy eyes. No baby, don't cry. You're too handsome to cry. "I'm just worried that he's going to take you away from me. I act like I'm all tough and macho, but when it comes to you, you break down those walls. The love I have for you is so intense that if it were to ever end, I'd fall apart." I lean against him and put my hands on his chest. I can feel his heart racing a mile a minute. It makes me so happy to know that I have that effect on him. "Maui, he's not going to take me away from you. I won't let him. Besides, I have you to protect me. We've been over this before." Maui laughs softly. "Yes we have and we'll probably go over this a million more times." I grab his hands and squeeze them. "I'm willing to go over it a million more times if it means putting your worries of losing me at ease." 

   Maui's solemn expression turns into a happier one. "You know Mo, I don't know how the hell I convinced you to fall in love with me." I giggle. "You didn't have to convince me Maui, it happened all its own. I'm so glad it did though. The truth is deep down I've had a feeling that we'd end up together someday. Did you ever have that feeling?" He nods and looks deeply into my eyes. "I've had that feeling from the day that we met. You turned my world upside down in the best possible way." I peck him on the cheek, causing him to become an adorable tomato. "You've done the same to me Maui and I wouldn't change a thing." 

Two hours later...

 Jack and Ariel come walking through the door hand in hand. They jump back when they see us lying in bed half naked. Ariel squeals and claps her hands together while Jack just stares awkwardly. He makes a throat clearing sound to break the silence. "We can come back later. It seems like the two of you are rather... occupied." I turn tomato red. "N-No you can stay. I just need to throw back on my shirt. Do you mind... er turning around for a minute, both of you?" They nod and turn around for a minute so I can put my shirt back on. I make a throat clearing sound to indicate that they can turn around now and they do. I'm glad they showed up though. We haven't hung out as a group in over two weeks. We end up pulling an all nighter just to talk, binge eat, and watch some Netflix shows together. Of course we regret it in terms of sleep deprivation, but overall it was definitely worth doing. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I'm really tired so this will be my only update tonight. I updated twice last night though if that makes up for it. :) -Mary