You Really Believe In Me That Much?

Chapter 11

Moana's POV

 I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet. Ariel and Jack both made it so obvious based on their reactions that Tamatoa was the guy who drug raped her at the party. I'm so stupid! I always try to find the good in people but forget to realize that there isn't any good in some people. Some people are just truly evil and no matter how much you try to bring out the good in them, it never unleashes itself. I vow to do my best to stay away from that creep. I'm just so glad that I never gave him my number, Disney Space The Disney version of Facebook) username, or email. I didn't trust myself not to text that creep and find out more about him and his motives. That's why I gave the paper to Maui. I know that he'll only use if it necessary. I feel bad for Maui. If he makes the football team, he's going to have to deal with Tamatoa all the time. I'm starting to wonder if trying out for the football team in a couple of days is really the best idea, given all that's happened in the past couple of days.

   "Maui, can I ask you a question? Please don't be mad at me for even having such a thought." He raises an eyebrow at me. "I'm sure I won't get mad at you. What's on your mind princess?" I bite my lip nervously. "Do you think it's the best idea to try out for the football team two days from now?" Maui looks at me strangely. "Are you suggesting that I'm supposed to cower down because Tamatoa's the captain of the football team? Listen Mo, I love you, but me trying out for the football team has nothing to do wanting to face off against Tamatoa. This is something that I've been dreaming about for years. I've wanted nothing more than to make a college football team, especially the one they have here at Disney University. It's the best of the best. I'm trying out in two days for the football team. I appreciate your concern, but I can handle myself out there on the field." 

   I sigh and put my hands over his. "Maui, I wasn't trying to stop you from chasing after your dream. You deserve this more than anyone. I just want to make sure that this is what you really want and you'll be careful when you make the team." Maui's facial expressions softens. "When I make the team? You really believe that I'll make it?" I pull him in a tight hug. "I know you're going to make it. I've been cheering you on in the sidelines for years. I went to nearly all of your games in middle school and high school. You were a star then and you're a star now. Maui you're going to dominate tryouts and eventually you'll be the captain instead of Tamatoa. Now do me proud and kick ass at tryouts on Tuesday." Maui chuckles and presses his forehead to mine gently. "Thank you for believing in me princess." I smile and peck him on the lips. "You're very welcome my prince." He bursts into laughter. "I'm the farthest thing from a prince, trust me." I cup his face gently. "You may not think so but in my eyes, you're a prince." 

    Maui laughs even more causing me to laugh. We're the two biggest dorks in the world who happened to find each other in kindergarten only to fall in love over the years. Who would have thought that we're end up being a perfect match for one another? Oh wait me, I've known it all along. I think deep down Maui has too. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I'm sorry for only one update a day lately, but I've been super busy lately plus I'm somewhat in the home stretch on my original story. Once my original story is completed, this fanfic will be my main focus. I love you guys. <3 :) -Mary