Gazing At The Stars

Gazing At The Stars

Chapter 64

Moana's POV

The next day... After work...

  My second day of work was a little better than yesterday but still could have been better overall to be honest. My boss and a couple of snotty co workers embarrassed me again in front of some customers but thankfully I was able to handle the situations better. I learned from my torment yesterday. I want to tell Maui about my progress... but I know he's going to flip out the fact that I was still tormented. I'll just tell him it was better than yesterday and leave it at that. He's out doing deliveries right now but his shift ends in two hours so he'll be home after that. I hope his second day of work went well. 

A little over two hours later...

 I'm up in my room reading when I hear the door open downstairs. My parents are already home so I know it's Maui. A smile tugs at my face and I dash down the stairs quickly. I throw my arms around him instantly. "Maui, you're home!" He chuckles and hugs me back tightly. "I am indeed princess. How was work for you?" "Work was better than yesterday. I'm getting used to things. How was work for you?" He smiles. "Work was good for me. I ran ten deliveries today. It doesn't seem like much but for a newbie like me, I call that a successful start." I peck him on the cheek. "I'm glad you had a good day at work Maui." He returns my peck on the cheek by giving me one of his own. "I'm glad that your day at work today was better than yesterday." I nod and breath a short sigh of relief, relieved that Maui isn't pressing me further about my day at work. 

  "Mo?" "Hmm?" "When do you have a day off? "I have a day off two days from now. What about you?" Maui glances at his work schedule really quick before lighting up. "I have a day off two days from now too. Say are you ready for a date?" I grin. "I sure am. What'd you have in mind?" Maui flashes me a toothy but adorable grin. "Stargazing." "That sounds nice." He nods. "Before that we could grab dinner somewhere. I don't care where. I'm up for anything." I lean my head on his shoulder. "Have I ever told you that you're the best boyfriend ever?" Maui kisses my forehead tenderly and chuckles. "You do a lot but it's always nice to hear it again." "Well you are Maui. I love you." I look down shyly as Maui cups my face, pulls my body towards his, and crashes his lips onto mine, which results in a wonderful kiss. 

Time Skip... Two Days Later...

 It's five in the afternoon/evening. I don't know whether to call it afternoon or evening because it's still early in the day yet a lot of people start eating supper at this time of the day. I guess for me it's a cross between the two. Maui and I are going to be leaving any minute for our date. He had an errand to run real quick so I've been taking my time making sure I look nice. I want to impress him. I'm wearing a maroon colored dress with a classy bow tied in the back, black pumps with peds instead of socks inside of them, the heart of Te Fiti necklace (a gift from Grandma Tala), and some silver bangles. I even put on some light makeup. I wanted a little bit of extra flare but didn't want to overdo it. 

Ten minutes later...

 Maui comes walking in, giving me a double take while doing so. A gasp slips out, causing the heat to rush to my cheeks instantly and me looking away shyly. Gah I'm so shy sometimes. "Mo, you look beautiful." "Thank you Maui. You look handsome." He pulls something out from behind his back, which turns out to be a bouquet of flowers. "These are for you. I got you sunflowers because as cheesy as it sounds, you're my sunshine." I blush even harder and hug him. "Thank you Maui, they're lovely." He gently strokes my cheek. "Yeah just like you." We let the moment linger for a minute before heading to supper. 

  Maui helps me into his car like a gentleman. "So did you decide on where to go for supper before we stargaze?" I smile. "I did. I was thinking we could go to Steak and Shake. I haven't been there in so long. They have the best shakes and chili mac. I'm craving them so badly." Maui smiles back. "Good choice." He starts up the car and head to to Steak and Shake, which is half an hour away. 

Half an hour later...

 We arrive at Steak and Shake. We go in and get seated immediately. Menus are then placed in front of us by a perky young waitress named Amanda. She asks us what we want for drinks. I order myself a birthday cake shake (my favorite) and Maui orders a strawberry banana shake. Amanda gives us a smile and goes to put in the drink order. I already know that I want chili mac for my main dish. Maui on the other hand is taking a few minutes to look over the menu and figure out what he wants to eat. He ends up deciding on steak with a bowl of chili. Amanda comes back with our shakes and we then put in our food order. Our food comes out a few minutes later. We eat as quickly as possible, not too fast though because we want to enjoy our food and not throw up in the middle of our date. I think both of us are just eager for to stargaze. Stargazing is pretty romantic after all so I can't blame our excitement arising. 

After we finish eating...

 Maui and I split the bill evenly for once which was nice. I enjoy being spoiled at times, but yet I also like having the satisfaction of knowing that I can afford to eat out, pay my bills, etc. "Maui, that was good. I'm so glad I picked Steak and Shake." Maui wraps an arm around me. "I'm glad you did too. I haven't been here since I was a kid." I frown slightly. "It's been that long for you?" He nods hesitantly. "It's no big deal. I'm just glad that I was able to get here again, especially with my baby girl." "Me too Maui. Now tell me, where exactly are we going to stargaze?" Maui smiles warmly at me. "On a hill overlooking the lake." I smile back. "Sounds good Maui." 

Twenty minutes later...

 We're at the lake. It's the perfect summer night. It's seventy five degrees out, not too hot and not too cold, just right. I grab a blanket out of the trunk of Maui's car for us to sit, lie down, etc on. I carry the blanket while Maui carries me. We look really silly but who cares. No one's around so it doesn't matter what we say or do. As long as we're not naked that's all that matters. I find a super spot of grass and place the blanket down on it. I then sit down and Maui joins me a moment later. We gaze up at the stars and admire their beauty in silence, though it's a peaceful one. "Maui?" He turns over to look at me. "Hmm?" "Thank you." He raises an eyebrow with an adorable smile. "For what?" I throw myself into his arms. "For being my boyfriend."

   Maui stands up, extending a hand out to me so I can stand up myself. I look at him in confusion but grin like a dork when he dips me over his knee. He tries to deny that he's a romantic but he absolutely is. "It's an honor to be your boyfriend. I'd be an even bigger honor to be your husband one day." He gently places me back on the ground. I go back over to the blanket and lie down, only for him to the same, pulling me into his arms so that he can hold me. "You know Maui, when you do decide to propose one day, I'm going to immediately say yes." Maui being the dork that he is responds with "YEEEEESSSSS!!". Oh how I love this guy. 

   We continue to stargaze and talk each others' ears off until I end up falling asleep in his arms. Eventually, Maui does the same. This results in both of us having the most amazing nap ever. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary