Yeah, Soulmates

Yeah, Soulmates

Chapter 59

Maui's POV

The next day...

  Mo and I both got the chance to sleep in until noon which is nice. It's currently 12:45 so I'm about to leave my dorm to swing by hers to pick her up. Before I went to bed last night, I texted her asking her where and want she wanted to do for our date, she picked to have lunch at Taco Bell, ice skating at the rink on campus, and then to our favorite cafe for drinks and such at the end of the day. Sounds like a pretty good day to me. I grab my things and head to Mo's dorm. It takes me ten minutes to get there and when I do, I knock on her door. It takes her a minute to answer it but when she does, she flings herself into my arms. "Maui!!!" I chuckle and spin her around in my arms. "Moana!!!" She giggles. "I'm so happy to see you." I smile and peck her on the lips. "I'm happy to see you too. Now let's get going, we have a busy but fun day ahead of us." She nods and holds my hand all the way to the parking lot. Like the gentleman that I am, I help her into my car before getting in myself. 

Fifteen minutes later...

  We're at Taco Bell  and I'm ordering two hard shells tacos and drinks for the both of us. Mo even tried to push her paying for her expenses today but I politely told her no. I promised that I'd spoil her today and spoil her I shall! My princess deserves nothing but the world. The food and drinks come out quickly and I bring them over to Mo. "Bon appetitie." An adorable giggle slips out of her mouth. "Thank you Maui." I smile. "You're welcome." We dig into our tacos and eat in a peaceful silence. "Mo, these tacos are amazing." She nods in agreement. "They sure are. I haven't had a taco lately so I figured this would be a nice change of pace from the usual places we go to eat like McDonalds." We manage to finish up our tacos and drinks ten minutes later and we're back on the road to head to the ice skating rink. It's about three o'clock now. It's open until seven tonight so we'll have about four hours to skate and hang out there.

Twenty five minutes later...

  There was slight road block so I had to take a detour, delaying us ten minutes from getting to the ice rink. Ten minutes isn't too bad of a delay. It's not like we were stuck in traffic for two hours. Ice skating is free which is nice because it's on campus, therefore a lot of the college students at the university go ice skating. Mo runs off to get her skates and dashes out onto the rink long before I manage to. She's skating around on the ice like a pro, spinning around and doing all sorts of cool tricks. When I get my skates, I whistle at her and flash her a signature smirk. She looks over at me and blushes like crazy. "I'm impressed Mo. I never knew you could ice skate so good." Mo skates over to me with a wide smile on her face. "Thank you Maui. I used to go a lot as a kid. It's actually my first time ice skating in years. I'm surprised I remember all my old tricks." 

   I smile back at her. "I think I'm going to need a few lessons from coach Moana, that is if you're willing to teach me." She takes my hands in her and squeezes them. "I'd love to. Now watch and learn." She starts with the basics before throwing in a few fancy tricks. I then copy them to the best of my ability. When I notice Mo intensely gazing at me, I look at her in anticipation. "How'd I do?" Her intense gaze shifts into a happy expression. "You nailed it Maui! You're a natural! No wonder why you're captain of the football team." I blush and look away bashfully. I love receiving praise, but at the same time I get flustered when I do. "Mo, can I ask you a question?" "Go for it Maui." "How come you haven't joined any clubs, teams, etc?" Her happy expression shifts into a frown. "It's not that I don't want to, I just..." She looks away from me. "You just what?" She still refuses to look at me so I gently cup her face. "I just don't feel like I'm good enough. I really want to for the spring musical which is Wicked and try out for the volleyball team."

  I put my arms around her and hold her tightly. "Mo, you are so talented at so many things. You should definitely try out for both. You won't know what could happen until you try." She nods in my shoulder. "I know Maui. I'm just scared is all. The tryouts for the musical are next week and the tryouts for volleyball are the week after." I press a tender kiss to her forehead. "You will try out for both and do amazing. I just know it." She pulls apart from my embrace to look up at me. "Thank you Maui." I chuckle softly. "Mo, you don't have to thank me for everything I say and do. It's my job to make you happy. Just answer me this, have I been a good boyfriend to you so far these past few months?" Her frown shifts into a sincere smile. "You've been the best." I pull her in for a kiss, not caring that we're still wearing our ice skates on the rink with thirty people staring at us. 

That evening...

  Mo and I end the day at the cafe with hot tea and cookies. Mo eats and drinks her treats happily. "Maui, today was nice. It's funny." I raise an eyebrow at her curiously. "What's funny Mo?" She smiles widely at me. "It's like every date with you gets better and better."  I nod and smile in agreement. "I couldn't agree more Mo. You make me so happy. It doesn't surprise me that we ended up together. We're just..." "Soulmates." I blush. "Yeah, soulmates." 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary