911

911

Chapter 31

Maui's POV 

 Everyone in both on the field and in the crowd stare at the scene in shock. None of us saw this coming, not even Scar and Tamatoa. Even though Tamatoa's a piece of shit, he looks extremely guilty. Scar simply smirks at me and shrugs his shoulders. Clearly his shock wore off fast. What a bastard. This is all his fault. Tears prickle my eyes. Mo's lying on the ground unconscious bleeding profusely out of her head. Coach called 911 a minute ago and they're on their way. I can feel my body wanting to break down into sobs but I refuse to cry in front of the two monsters who had planned this all along. Well they planned for it to happen to me but it still happened nonetheless. 

  The paramedics come and lift Moana onto a stretcher. Her injury is too severe for the infirmary to heal so she has to go to the hospital unfortunately. I think it's most likely going to require surgery to fix it. The paramedics were kind enough to allow me to ride with her in the ambulance to the hospital, but I told them that I plan on meeting her there. I need to grab a few of her things quickly from her dorm room. She happened to give me a spare key in case of an emergency like right now. Ariel took my place in the ambulance and Jack is going to drive the two of us there. I don't trust myself to drive given my current mental state. I grab Mo's phone, charger, laptop, and some spare clothes. Jack and I then rush to the hospital. Ariel just got there and texted me that they're currently in the ER for the time being. Jack normally doesn't like speeding, but he's making an exception this time around. 

   We get to the hospital in about ten minutes and run into the ER. Mo is lying unconscious in a stretcher next to Ariel who looks like she's going to have an anxiety attack. The poor girl. She's such a good friend to Mo and has been through so much already. Jack goes over to her and holds her in arms while I stare at Moana's limp body and burst into tears, hiding my face in my hands while doing so. My baby... why did she have to risk her life to save mine? She's worth so much. I'm not worth anything. I don't deserve her. If... I mean when she comes out of this, I'm going to hug and kiss her a million times. I'm never going to let her do something like this to save me again. I can't lose her. She's lost so much blood and she's still bleeding. I'm so pissed. The doctors are making us wait for hours before they'll even see Mo. She might die before they get to her. I have to do something about this and now. 

   I get out of my chair and walk over to the registration desk. "I know you have other patients to tend to, but my girlfriend is bleeding to death. If a doctor doesn't see her soon, she is going to die." The middle aged woman sitting before me gives me a sympathetic expression. "I can see that. I just talked to the next available doctor about her and the doctor will be ready for her in five minutes. Just hang in there." Surprised by her kindness, I give her a gentle smile and thank her. I tell Ariel and Jack that the doctor will be seeing her in five minutes. Both of them are satisfied with that response as I am. For the next five minutes, I fiddle with my hands in my chair next to Mo. 

Five minutes later...

 The doctor is now allowing Mo to be seen by her. I wheel Mo on her stretcher into an exam room. From there, the doctor examines her and runs a few additional texts, including x-rays. After she does, a deep frown forms on her face. "Are you her boyfriend?", she asks while looking straight at me. I nod. "Yes I am. What'd you find out?" "Well Moana has severe swelling in her brain as well deep bruising in her skull. I can't fix the bruising, but I can minimize the swelling through surgery. I do see that she's still seventeen for another two months according to her medical records. Do you know her parents contact information so they can come and sign the consent forms?" I hand her my phone with her mom on speed dial. Sina picks up quickly. The doctor puts in on speaker phone so I can hear everything that they're saying. Sina's having an anxiety attack through the phone and says that she and Tui are leaving now. 

An hour later...

  Mo's parents only live about an hour away from the university and hospital. They spent most of their lives in Montonui but moved close enough to the university so that they could visit Mo and vice versa. That's not the point though. They stuck to their word and arrived as quick as they could. I give them both quick hugs before ushering them into the exam room so they can sign the consent forms and Mo can go into surgery. They do so and Mo is rushed into surgery, leaving Mo's parents, Ariel, Jack, and I to be tortured in every way, shape, and form in the waiting room. All of us take turns pacing the room and crying our eyes out. This is going to be the longest night of our lives... We all hope that Mo comes out of surgery alive. If she dies... I'm going to die too.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! Stay tuned for my new cover that will be posted on my Youtube channel is a bit. :) -Mary