Cheers To Summer Jobs

Chapter 62

Moana's POV

The next day...

  After all of our hard work moving out of the dorms and into the house for the summer, Maui and I are spending the day being lazy bums around the house for the most part. My parents are both working until late tonight so we get some privacy. I love my parents but it's hard to be able to make out with my boyfriend knowing my parents are in the next room and could walk in on us doing so at any given moment. When my parents left for work, Maui climbed into bed with me (not sexually you perverts) and we took a nap lying in each others' arms for a couple more hours. It was really peaceful. Maui ended up waking up before me and surprising me by cooking up a late breakfast/early lunch. He's even wearing an apron. The sight causes me to burst into a giggle fit. Maui notices me and grins. "Why hello princess. How nice of you to join me so bright and early." I roll my eyes playfully. "Oh Maui, it's not a good day without you making some kind of sarcastic remark around me."

   Maui bows and says "You're welcome", earning himself another playful eye roll from me. "It's funny that you continue to do that. It makes me believe that you might be even more sarcastic than me, which is impossible." I saunter right up to him, leaning myself over the counter, up close and personal. "Well Maui...", I say in a seductive voice, "You should know by now that I tend to defy the impossible." He smirks at me. "Yeah you certainly do. Anyways, eat up. I made these pancakes from scratch and I don't want them getting cold on you. Pancakes aren't that good cold." I take in the beauty of the pancakes for a moment before eating them. They're blueberry by the way and absolutely delicious. "Maui, these pancakes are so good." Maui blushes and begins to eat his. "I'm glad you liked them Mo. I haven't cooked anything from scratch for awhile. Plus I wanted to do something nice for you when you woke up... you know as a thank you for everything." 

   I smile at him. "Well you should do it more often. I know my parents would love to taste your food. By the way, I know we're being lazy bums today, but you do know you have two interviews to go to, the first one being in an hour from now right?" His eyes bug out of his head. "Crap, I already forgot about those interviews. I'm going to have to freshen up real quick and head out. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. I'll even bring us back dinner for tonight. What would you like for dinner?" I bite my lip and think about what I'm craving for my next meal before salad and fries pop into my mind. "I'd like a salad and fries from Wendy's with a small Vanilla frosty." Maui lights up. "Wendy's it is." He gives me a  gentle peck on the lips and cheek before heading upstairs to get ready for his interviews. 

   When he comes downstairs again a few minutes later, I'm speechless. He's wearing really sharp dress clothes and even a tie. My baby looks so handsome. I can even feel drool slipping out of my mouth. Maui notices of course and flashes me his signature smirk. "I know I'm a lot to take in babe." I blush and look away shyly. "I'm sorry for staring. You just look really handsome Maui." Maui cups my face gently, getting me to look at him again. "Mo, you calling me handsome actually makes me believe that I am. Behind my tough exterior, I'm a selfish conscious, bumbling fool who would do anything to do impress you." I pull him closer to me, closing the distance between us. "You don't have to impress me Maui. I've always loved you, right from the start." Maui crashes his lips onto mine and we share a passionate kiss before he pulls apart and heads off for his interviews. I stand in the doorway staring at him fondly and wishing him luck. 

Three hours later...

 Maui comes in wearing a bright smile on his face and tons of food in tow. This is a good sign. He must have gotten a job at one of the two places he interviewed at. "Hey Maui, how'd the interviews go?" Maui smiles even wider. "They both went well, especially the pizza place. They hired me on a delivery driver for the entire summer as well as college breaks if I'm around." I jump into Maui's arms, nearly causing the food to go flying. I sheepishly get off of him and catch the food before it falls to the floor. "That's awesome Maui! I'm happy for you. When do you start?" "Well I have to go fill out some paper work tomorrow afternoon but I start the day after. When do you start at Dairy Queen?" "I start orientation in two days." Maui smiles. "Look at us, starting new jobs and making money for our summer adventures and such. I'm happy for us." I smile back. "I'm happy for us too. It's going to be a great summer." Maui nods in agreement. 

   A moment of silence passes before I break the silence. "I was going to wait until later to eat my food, but I'm actually hungry again. I also don't want my fries to get cold. Fries aren't good cold." Maui chuckles. "I'm always hungry and am hungry now. Let's eat!" I giggle, unload my food at the kitchen table, and dive into it like the pig that I am. Maui tries to make me feel less like one by calling me am "adorable pig" but still a pig nonetheless. I call him one as a joke and he simply laughs his head off. Together we our Wendy's food and celebrate the fact that both of us are actually employed this summer and possibly beyond. It's nice knowing that we won't be completely broke for the next few months. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary