Magical And Perfection

Chapter 48

Moana's POV

A week later...

  Today is Maui and I's three month anniversary. I've told him all week not to make a big deal out of it, but I'm dating the world's most stubborn guy who often does the opposite of what I ask of him, though he does a lot of it out of the goodness of his heart. He's taking me out for a fancy dinner and even got me a gift. He's such a sweetheart. Though he doesn't know that I got him something he's been dying to get for awhile. I got him a Patriots football jersey in his size signed by Julian Edelman, his favorite football player who's also his biggest rolemodel. He's going to flip out in the best possible way. I'm so excited for tonight. In the meantime, I'm getting ready with Ariel, whom is going to be having sex tonight with Jack, which is a big deal for the both of them. 

  "So Ariel, are you excited?" Heat immediately rushes to her cheek. "I'm so excited. I even bought some fancy lingere from Victoria's Secret the other day just for the occasion. I can't wait to see Jack's face when sees me in it. I hope he drools over me." A giggle slips out of me. "I'm sure he will. I hope Maui has the same reaction to me in this dress, which I also bought for the occasion." Ariel giggles back in response. "I know he will. Look at us though, we both look really great." I smile and nod in agreement. "When is Jack coming by for you?" "Twenty minutes. When is Maui coming by for you?" "About forty five minutes more or less. He actually just texted me a few minutes ago that he's running a last minute errand." Ariel wiggles her eyebrows at me. "A last minute errand. I wonder what that could be." I nudge her playfully. "Says the girl who bought fancy lingere from Victoria's Secret." She playfully rolls her eyes at me and we talk until Jack arrives. 

  When there's a knock at the door, I jump up and answer it for her. Jack greets me with a friendly hug before gasping at the sight of Ariel. I don't blame him, she looks gorgeous. She also fawns over him. I watch them act all adorable with each other for a few minutes before kindly telling them to leave and go have fun. They do so after a few more minutes and I anxiously wait for Maui to arrive. He knocks on the door fifteen minutes later. He's about ten minutes early which is great. Maui also gasps at the sight of me, which causes me to blush like crazy. "Mo, you look so beautiful. I take in the sight of him and gasp myself. "Thank you Maui. You look so handsome. Happy three month anniversary." Maui grins from ear to ear. "Same to you my love. Now let's get going, I got us a dinner reservation at Ciao Bellisma." I look at Maui in shock. "That's one of the most expense places around." He shrugs his shoulders. "Oh well. The both of us deserve a nice meal. By the way, I'm treating you. No if, ands, or buts about it." I sigh. "Finnneeee." 

  Maui nods in approval and drives the two of us to Ciao Bellisma, which is half an hour away, right in the heart of the nearest city. When we get there, he helps me out of the car like the gentleman that he is. I bow to him playfully and grab a hold of his hand, gripping onto it tightly as we head inside the restaurant. We get seated quickly. Maui orders us some non alcoholic champagne (Let's pretend that there is such a thing). The waiter is this really buff guy no older than Maui, though not as handsome and friendly. When placing our drinks down in front of us, he does a few weird tricks in an attempt to woo me. He frowns deeply at me when he realizes that his actions don't phase me. The only guy I've ever been attracted to is Maui. There's never been anyone else and there never will be. That's why when we're old and grey, I want to die first, that way I wouldn't ever have to live without him. I know he'd be heartbroken over my death, but I'm sure he'd join me again soon in the afterlife. It's a weird thought I know but still there nonetheless.

  Our waiter than doesn't speak to us about anything other than our order, which for me is shrimp ravioli and spaghetti with pesto sauce for Maui. We eat a lot of Italian food to be honest. It's just so good. Our food comes in a timely manner and we eat like royalty. "Maui, this is just lovely. Thank you so much. You're so good to me." Maui blushes and gives me a small smile. "Anything for my princess. I love you. I'm glad I can do all of these nice things for you and vice versa." I smile widely at him. "Same here Maui. By the way, the food is delicious, though I don't plan on ordering dessert here. I was thinking we could just go to Dairy Queen closer to campus and have some ice cream." Maui nods in agreement. "Dairy Queen sounds good to me. Anyways, I want to give you your gift." 

   Maui hands me a pink and blue gift bag. "Maui, the bag looks like cotton candy." Maui chuckles. "I know, but you love cotton candy." I giggle. "Yes, I do." I unwrap the bag and pull out the gift, which is this gorgeous blue  ball gown covered head to toe in gems. I look at Maui in shock. "Maui, this is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen, though I don't know where I would wear it." Maui grabs my hands across the table and holds them in his. "Well I've been wanting to learn how to dance for awhile. I was thinking you and I could take up ballroom dancing, that way I know how to dance on our wedding day." I feel my breath hitch in my throat. "I-I'd love that Maui. When do we start?" He smiles warmly at me. "Next Friday we have our first lesson." My heart melts. Maui's gifts to me put my gifts to him to shame every single time. It's not fair. 

  I look away shyly while handing him my gift to him. "This is my gift to you, though it's no where near as amazing as yours to me is. I really hope you like it though." Maui cups my face gently to get me to look into his eyes. "I'm sure it's just as amazing, if not more so. I mean after all, it's a gift from you." Maui unwraps the gift (which you already know what it is). He inspects it carefully and lights up when he spots Julian Edelman's autograph on it. "Mo, you didn't!" I light up myself. "I did. It cost me six hundred dollars, but it was worth it. You're worth it. You do so much for me and I wanted to repay you with something that you've wanted for so long." Maui takes me by surprise by getting up from the table, coming over to me, and giving me the warmest hug he's ever given me. "Mo, this is the best gift ever. Thank you so much." I hug back even tighter, soaking in his lovely cologne smell. I'm weird, don't judge me, gosh. 

  Maui and I let our moment linger a bit longer before finishing our meal, paying, and heading to Dairy Queen to get that much deserved ice cream. We eat in the car and talk a bit longer before heading back to campus. As usual, Maui walks me back to my dorm, lingers around for a little while, and hugs and kisses me goodnight before leaving. When he's out of sight, I close the door and lean against it like some overly emotional teen girl in a movie. I even slide down against the door on my back, eventually sitting on the floor. Just when I think that a date with Maui can't get anymore amazing, it does. Being with Maui is just magical. There's no other word to describe it. Well there's perfection as well. Magical and perfection are the two best words to describe it.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary