Moving Out For The Summer

Chapter 61

Maui's POV

The next morning... Moving out...

  It's move out day for the four of us (Ariel, Jack, Mo, and I). I'm so excited not only for summer vacation, but the fact that I get to spend the entire summer with Mo and her parents, whom I adore almost as much as her. Her parents are like the parents I've never had. It's honestly a little sad when someone else's parents treat you better than you own. It goes to show that just because you share blood with someone, it doesn't necessary make them family. Anyway, Jack and I are helping the girls move out first before we move out ourselves. The girls need our muscle to get through the moving out process, trust me. Thanks to us, we'll be saving the girls twice the time in moving out. Cheers! 

An hour and a half later...

   Jack and I have officially moved the girls out successfully. We loaded Mo's stuff into her dad's car and Ariel's into her mom's car. I give Mo a quick peck on the lips and Jack does the same with Ariel before we head back to our dorm to begin moving our stuff out. Mo's dad volunteered to help with the heavy lifting. The girls volunteered to help too but we refused for them to have to do any heavy lifting. They both pouted adorably but didn't argue with us. Jack and I have a lot less stuff than the girls do, but our stuff is a lot heavier to carry, especially given we have a lot more electronics and sports equipment. It takes us six trips to carry everything to Jack's car and Mo's dads. We just barely squeeze my stuff into the trunk with Mo's. It's going to be an adventure separating my stuff from Mo's later, though we get Jack's stuff into his car with no problem. 

   All of the parents give Ariel, Jack, Mo, and I some time to say our goodbyes. The four of us stand in a mini circle not speaking for a moment before I break the silence. "Will Mo and I be seeing the two of you at all this summer? I'd love to meet up for a few group dates." Ariel nods while clinging onto Jack. "We'd love to see you guys this summer. Jack and I are going camping in a couple days. We'll be gone for a week but when we get back, we'd love to plan something right away. Does that sound good?" Mo smiles while clinging onto me. "That sounds great Ariel. We'll miss you both." Jack gives Mo and I a warm smile. "We'll miss you too. Keep in touch okay?" Everyone nods in unison and pulls each other in for a group hug before parting ways, Mo with me, Ariel with her parents, and Jack with his parents. All of us get in our appropriate cars and head home. Home, I like the sound of that. 

An hour and a half later...

   We pull into Mo's driveway and everyone is in good spirits. The ride here made me realize just how much Mo's parents missed her and vice versa. I mean they've missed me too but Mo's their child, not me. I've just always been her best friend up until a few months ago. Well I'm still her best friend of course, but I'm also something more. I'm her boyfriend. Even after all this time, it still doesn't feel real to me. I'm just so grateful for her, her parents, and how my life turned itself around overall. I have everything figured out right now... well except for my summer job, though I have a couple of interviews tomorrow at Taco Bell and Pizza Mia (a local pizza place). Fingers crossed I land a position at one of those places. I really need some moolah of my own for the summer. Plus, I need to take my baby girl out on some nice dates during the summer. 

  Mo and I get out of the car and begin the long process of unloading the van and getting everything into the house. All of Mo's stuff goes into her room and mine goes into the guest bedroom. This process lasts most of the day that by the time supper rolls around, I stupidly realize that I haven't eaten all day. Thankfully Mo's parents volunteered to make us a nice home cooked meal for supper, that being roasted chicken and mac and cheese, both of which are absolutely delicious. In addition to that, her mom makes us both hot tea to keep our energy level up so we can stay up a little bit longer before going to bed. Who goes to bed at seven in the evening? Only the extremely old people, as known as the elderly. 

After supper...

 Mo and I cuddle on the couch for a couple hours watching TV before we end up falling asleep. Not that we ended up falling asleep on the couch instead of in our beds. The last thing I feel as I fall deeper into my sleep is a super soft blanket being placed over us followed by a gentle kiss on my forehead, probably by Mo's mom. I smile in my sleep. This is exactly where I belong. This is my home sweet home. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary