The End Of Summer Vacation

Chapter 71

Maui's POV

 A month and a half later... Two days before the end of summer vacation...

  I can't believe how fast the summer went by. In just two days, we'll be moving back into university for another year of college. We're already sophomores. Before we know it, we'll be graduating and going into the work force and/or graduate school. I know Mo's going to have to go to graduate school with her major as am I. Ugh another four years of post secondary education. Bleh. Hit me over the head already. Not really, I've had enough stress lately. Mo and I put in our work notices last week that we're going back to university. We'll come home and work during holiday breaks and summer, but other than that, we'll simply live off of what we earned over the summer as well as the little money we make for our work study jobs. Thank the heavens for work study. If I didn't have work study, I'd be screwed. 

   Mo and I are in the process of packing up our things for move in day two days from now. We're almost done. We mainly just have small things like decor, clothes, and books left to pack. I think we'll be done in the next couple of hours. "So princess, how do you feel about going back to university?" She gives me a small smile. "I have mixed feelings. I don't want summer to end but at the same time I look forward to getting back into my normal university routine as well as seeing Ariel and Jack on a daily basis. I also want to branch out and make a couple of new friends this year. What about you?" I sigh. "I feel the exact same way as you and have had the exact same thoughts. I want to be a little more social this year." Mo needs in agreement. We love Jack and Ariel, but I really do think it would be good for us to branch out and expand our social circle a bit. Though Mo has Ariel for a roommate again and I have Jack as my roommate because they're great people to have as roommates. 

Three hours later...

   We're finally finished packing so Mo and I reward ourselves by going out to eat for supper. We slept in late today so we got a late start on packing sadly. Plus it didn't help that Mo packed three quarters of her closet. Girls and clothes, I don't understand it. Don't even get me started on shoes either. I'm surprised we aren't picking up the entire house and placing it onto campus (literally). I'm not Maui, demigod of the wind and sea, hero to all. I can't lasso the sun and pull up islands and other land masses. Sadly I'm just plain old Maui who had a crappy childhood and a second chance to better himself, which I'm grateful for everyday. 

   Anyways, Mo and I are going to Olive Garden for supper. I figured we'd go classy for dinner since we'll have to budget our money starting in two days time. Once more fancy meal to end the summer on a high note. I invited Mo's parents to come along but they said that we deserved to have some alone time. Her parents are so great. They like to bond with us, but at the same time they respect our privacy and give us alone time when needed. Mo and I manage to get there in good time without any traffic for once. We get seated quickly and order our drinks, peach iced tea for the both of us. We've both been drinking a lot of tea lately but there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I think drinking tea is a lot better than drinking coffee. Mo drinks it once in awhile but that's it. Me on the other hand, I can't stand it. I tried it once and nearly gagged. Never again will I drink that flavored poison. 

   We get our drinks a couple minutes later and are all ready to order, I order some cheese ravioli for myself and Mo orders chicken alfredo pasta. For the breadsticks, we get that angry alfredo sauce. It costs extra of course but it's so good. It's becoming a favorite of ours. Our food also comes in a timely fashion and like the adorable pigs we are, especially Mo on the adorable part, we dive right in full force. We're treasuring every bite because who knows when we'll get to eat here again. It could be weeks, but it'll most likely be months. This really is a nice way to end the summer. 

After supper...

  I flash a smirk at Mo. "Really for dessert?" Mo giggles. "As tempting as that is, I'm going to pass. I'm so full. What about you?" I chuckle. "I'm actually full for once myself." In addition to those breadsticks and our main meals, we filled up on soup too. Our waiter comes by with a polite smile on his face. "Any dessert for you two?" We both say "No" in unison. "Alright, I'll bring the check." We get the check a couple minutes later. The bill is forty dollars and sixty cents. Mo goes to pay her share of the bill when I stop her. "No Mo, dinner's on me." She pouts adorably. "Maui, you hardly ever let me pay, let alone even split the bill." I lean across the table and give her a gentle peck on the lips. "That's because I love you so much and my princess deserves to be spoiled." She rolls her eyes playfully but stops objecting to me paying the bill. 

  After I pay the bill, I carry out to the car bridal style. People stare at us but I don't care. Let them all see my amazing girl on display. The ones glaring at us are just jealous that can't be me, the big goof with the girl who is perfection. We head home, brush our teeth, and relax for the rest of the evening by surfing the web, watching How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix (another show Mo's getting me into), and talk a bit more before going to sleep for the night. To be honest, I'm going to miss the adventures that we had this summer. It had its ups and down, but overall it was the best summer I've ever had. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I updated earlier than normal tonight because I have to be up early in the morning for an appointment before work. :) -Mary