Something's Off...

Something's Off... 

Chapter 42

Maui's POV

Three days later...

 It's hard to get used to be captain of the team after being bossed around by Tamatoa all the time, but it's awesome. I encourage everyone on the team to do the best that they can and work hard to master their plays, drills, etc. Unlike Tamatoa, I don't tear my teammates down, I build them up. Gaston, his idiot best friend, makes a few attempts to overpower me but fails. Without Tamatoa by his side, he's pretty much a wuss. He followed Tamatoa around like a shadow, but now that Tamatoa's expelled, he's all alone. What a tragedy. Anyways, we have a big game tonight and decided to have a last minute practice beforehand. It's only a two hour practice because we have a lot of prepping to do for tonight. I'm hoping that everything goes well. I've heard some rumors floating around that Tamatoa and Scar broke out of jail and plan to do something even worse tonight... I haven't told Mo because I didn't want to her to get paranoid like I am... 

 Three hours later...

  Jack and I are getting ready for the game which starts in two hours. It takes forever to put on our uniforms, shoulder pads, knee pads, etc. It's a struggle sometimes. When we pull all of this crap on, it puts on at least another twenty pounds or so, especially because of our helmets. The girls are going to be watching us in the front row of the bleachers. I'm glad they're heading to the game together. With the rumors that I've been hearing constantly, I'd be worried if Mo and/or Ariel went to alone. Jack knows all about the rumors by the way. Like me, he kept them from Ariel so she wouldn't become paranoid either. 

An hour later...

  Everyone's here already except Gaston, which makes me weary. Jack and I share a look of worry and suspicion. We then look over to the girls and smile at them so neither one of them will worry. They don't seem to be questioning us yet so that's good. Jack and I head over to a private corner where I begin to pace back and forth. "Jack, something's not right. Between all the rumors and Gaston not showing up, something's definitely off." Jack nods solemnly. "I agree. Gaston could easily be teaming up with those two other assholes to pull some crazy stunt tonight." Jack and I keep talking for a few minutes until a loud scream causes Jack to stand up straight whip his head around. "J-Jack, what that Ariel?" He gulps and nods, running off of the field and into the bleachers to get to Ariel. I follow him because I'm curious as to what's going on. 

  When I get to the bleachers, I freeze. Mo's not there with Ariel. Ariel mirrors my look of fear. "Ariel, where's Mo?" Ariel bursts into tears while Jack holds her in his arms. "I-I don't know Maui. I just went to get us a snack and when I got back a few minutes ago, she was gone." Jack rubs gentle circles on her back while she continues to cry. I'm absolutely scared shitless. I run back down onto the field and find coach so I can tell him what's going on. Luckily I find him quickly so I can get it all out. As I tell him, he frowns deeply but gives me permission to stay out of the game tonight, at least until I can find Mo. From there, I text Jack that I'm going to search for Mo and that he'll be filling in for me as captain tonight. As much as I love football, Mo is far more important. 

Tamatoa's POV

  I smile as Gaston walks through the door with Moana in tow. He even managed to tie her up and duct tape her mouth as I asked him to do. "Perfect. Good job Gaston. As promised, here's your two thousand dollars." I hand him a bag with two thousand dollars in it. I miss my boy Gaston. I don't get to see him much these days, but I can still count on him to get the job done. Plus, he's my eyes on campus. He sees everything and reports it all back to me. By the way, I know you all are just dying to know where I've brought Moana so I'll tell you. We're in the basement of Scar's oh so lovely abode. "Alright Moana, you're going to do as I say or else there will be consequences. Do you understand me?" She looks at me with red, puffy eyes and nods. I grin wickedly and ruffle her hair. "Good girl. If you're good for the next few hours, I'll get Scar to get you some food and water." In the meantime, I sit down in a chair beside the one I've tied her up in addition to her body already being tied up. I didn't want to have to tie up Moana, but I know that I didn't, she'd flee at the first opportunity that came up and I can't have that. 

 Moana's POV

 I'm so scared right now. I'm even more scared than I when I stepped in front of Maui and took the hit for him in the attack that was meant for him and not me. My life is at stake this time around. If worst came to worse, I know that Tamatoa and/or Scar wouldn't hesitate to kill me. They'd do anything it takes to destroy Maui. I'm normally the biggest fighter there is, but the truth is I don't have much fight in me. I've been through so much lately and with each blow, my emotional, mental, and physical strength have decreased. I'm still recovering from my head injuries. I have to take all these different medications on a daily basis. I've been kidnapped so I'm not able to access my meds right now. Instead, I'm tied up in an uncomfortable chair in Scar's dumpy basement of his dumpy house. I bet Tamatoa's living here with him right now. 

  Tamatoa's awake still and watching my every move, not that I can move to begin with. Him and Gaston couldn't have tied me up tighter if they tried. I feel like crying my eyes out and wishing it end it all right here and now, but I refuse to give these monsters the satisfaction of witnessing that so I wait until I know both of them are out of earshot before silently letting out all of my sorrows. Maui... please come for me. I need you to save me. If you don't, I'll probably die here...

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I bet you didn't see this turn of events coming. ;) By the way, I have an idea for my next fanfic that I want to start after I finish this one. I'd like to dabble with my Marvel OTP ScarletVision (Scarlet Witch x Vision). Let me know if you guys would be into reading that. :)   -Mary