Reunited

Reunited 

Moana's POV

Chapter 46

 I'm so happy that no one besides my loved ones knew about my disappearance for the past couple of days. It's nice not to swamped with a million questions from people who don't really care about me but simply want to nose into my business like they did at the trial. Besides the three people I'm surrounded by, the only other people who knew were my parents and the coach of the football team who gave Maui and Jack the permission to come find me. I'll have to thank the coach next time I see him. He's been so good to Maui and Jack, especially Maui. For that alone he deserves my thanks. 

   Anyways, Maui and I are back in my dorm right now, just the two of us. I told Ariel and Jack that they could stay, but they wanted to give Maui and I some space to talk before we talk as a group. I'm lying down in bed with my head on Maui's arm. I can feel the heat from his body radiating against mine, making the cold disappear. "Maui, I'm so happy to be back. Thank you for coming to save me. You always were my shining armor, even back when we were kids." Maui presses a tender kiss to my forehead. "I'd save you each and every time, even it meant trading my life for yours. I love you so much Moana. I can't lose you." I take his hands in mine and play with them affectionately. "Well thankfully we don't have to worry about that for a VERY long time." Maui chuckles and hides his face in my chest. A giggle slips out of my mouth and I run my fingers through his long, silky, beautiful head of hair. I love his hair as much as I do my own. 

"Maui... I was really afraid that I was going to die in that dingy basement of Scar's house." That causes Maui to sit up straight in panic. "Moana, did they hurt you?" I frown. "Just a little bit. Scar had a field day hitting me over and over again while Tamatoa tied the ropes so tightly on different parts of my body that I've lost a lot of blood circulation. It's starting to come back slowly but I can still feel the lack of it." A growl comes out of Maui. "I'm going to go back there and kill them both. I don't care if Tamatoa's suddenly seen the light." He goes to grab his jacket and phone and I stop him. I stand right in between him and the door with my arms spread wide. "Maui, no. Sit down. Please..." Maui glares at me a bit before his expression softens and he sits back down on my bed. I smirk at him and sit down beside him, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Maui, things could have been a lot worse for me, but I was spared from that. I know you're pissed at them for kidnapping me and hurting me, I am too, but we should just focus on that fact that I'm home now." 

  Maui raises an eyebrow at me. "Mo, we're back on campus, not at your house." I giggle. "Maui, I know we're back at my dorm. I know this sounds silly, but I am home. Being with you is home. We could live in an igloo in Alaska and it'd still be home in my eyes because you're there with me." I gaze up at Maui and see that he's holding back tears. My heart breaks a little bit at the sight of him doing so. "Maui, please don't cry." He looks at me as I say that, tears slipping out the corners of his eyes. "Mo, I can't help it. I've been so worried about you. I've hardly slept and eaten the past couple of days. I slept for three hours a couple days ago because I needed more energy in order to keep searching for you. Like you, I wasn't sure whether or not you'd be alive when I found you... if I found you." 

   Maui's words cause me to burst into tears suddenly. I fling myself into his arms. "Maui, I love you so much." He hugs me back equally tight. "I love you too Mo. I love you with my heart." I wipe my tears away and kiss him on the nose. "You are my heart Maui." The smile that forms on Maui's face while he wipes away his tears melts my heart. It's so beautiful. His smile beams like a thousand suns (it's an expression). "Mo, not only are you my heart, but you're my world." The two of us plop down into bed without another word. We lie in each other's arms and quickly fall into a deep and peaceful slumber.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! Thank you so much for over 1,100 reads on this fanfic and 1,000 on my original story Letting Go Is Easier Said Than Done. Also, check out my summer 2017 montage video linked down below. <3 :) -Mary