Waking Up

Waking Up 

Chapter 8

Ariel's POV

 A few hours later...

  I wake up in the middle of the night/early morning with the worst headache I've ever had with Jack sitting at the foot of my bad. I sigh in relief that Jack's here. Jack stayed with me the entire time. What a gentleman. "J-Jack." At the sound of my voice he sits up straight and looks right at me. "Ariel, you're awake." He then takes me by surprise by throwing himself into my arms. "I'm so happy to see you awake. How are you feeling?" I bite my lip nervously. "My head is killing me and I feel violated, but other than that I'm swell." My slightly sarcastic answer causes him to frown, instantly making me feel bad for being sarcastic in the first place. "I'm sorry Jack. That response was a little rude. I'm just mad at myself." Jack studies me carefully. "Why are you mad at yourself? None of this is your fault."

   I wave my hand up and dismiss his kindness. "It is my fault. I'm the one who kept insisting that we go to that party. I even tried to force Mo to go. I'm jealous of Mo. She has far more common sense and control than I do. I should have fallen her example and the two of us could have gone on a nice first date like her and Maui instead of you saving me from being drug rapped." Jack sighs. "All I did was carry you back to your dorm. Maui was the one who really saved you. He's so much stronger than I am, emotionally, mentally, and physically. He's everything I want to be. Maui literally kicked that asshole's ass. If that we were me, I would have been crushed to a pulp within seconds. You deserve to be with a guy like Maui, not me." He hangs his head in sadness and my heart breaks. 

  "Jack, here's what I think. I think that you're a lovely guy and wonderful person. You have a great personality and kind heart. I also think that part of the reason why you feel this way right now is because we've been taking things too fast. We literally just met a few days ago and we've already kissed several times. I mainly kissed you in the heat of the moment. I want us to start over. I want to do this the right way. I really want to know you because I say those three sacred words." Jack nods in agreement. "That's a good idea." His frown turns into a small smile. "Hi I'm Jack." He extends a hand out playfully for me to shake. "What's your name pretty miss?" I blush like the dork that I am and take his hand, shaking it back playfully. "The name's Ariel. You know like the mermaid." Jack grins at me. "She happens to be my favorite Disney princess." I playfully nudge his shoulder. "Oh really." "Really." 

  Jack leans forward and presses a tender kiss to my forehead. "Mo stayed at Maui's for the night. Do you want me to go fetch her for you? She texted me like crazy during the night asking me about you. I'm sure you want to see her too." I nod. "Please tell her to come when she can. Thank you Jack." He gives a warm smile, causing my stomach to do flip flops and the butterflies to fly about. I watch him leave and smile just as wide when Mo comes running through the door. I get out of bed and hug her despite my awful headache. "I'm so happy to see you Mo." "I'm so happy to see you too Ariel. Are you okay?" I shrug. "Yes and no. All I have is a headache physically but my emotions are all out of wack. I feel super violated. I don't think I'll be having sex any time soon." Mo nods in agreement. "I think that would be best." 

  Mo and I lounge around in the dorm for awhile before we decide to go for a walk and get some air. After that, we grab a bite to eat. I literally have to force myself to eat but I know that need food in my system. I barely ate anything yesterday and it'll help keep my headache at bay, at least a little bit anyway. As I take the first bite of my sandwich, the vile guy who drug raped me sits down next to us, grinning like a mad man. "Why hello ladies, fancy seeing you here." 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I'm sorry for the evil cliffhanger but they're so fun to write. :) -Mary