Proving A Point

Proving A Point

Chapter 69

Maui's POV

The next day...

   It's currently eleven in the morning and I don't have to go into work until one thirty so I'm just eating an early lunch before I go to work, which consists of an Italian sub, a bag of chips, and a soda. I'm eating lunch wicked early because I'm keeping my promise of going into Mo's work before my own shift starts. I'm trying to control my anger because I'm afraid my temper is going to get the best of me, which will not only led to a scene being created, but also the chance of Mo losing her job.  All I can do is keep my cool the best I can and remind myself not to jump over the counter and grab her boss by the throat. Mo's still asleep by the way. I made her a nice sub for eat to when she wakes up. I'll probably be gone by the time she wakes up sadly but I'm glad she's able to get some rest today. My baby girl deserves the day off. 

  An hour later...

   I've eaten lunch, taken a quick shower, went to the bathroom, changed, brushed my teeth and flossed, and have gotten my things together I need for the day. I'm working from one thirty until nine tonight. Nine's not supper late but it's still a little late. Before leaving, I make sure to give Mo a kiss on the forehead and lips. I don't know if she can feel my lips because she's in a deep sleep but at least I have the comfort of knowing I did so before I left for my long day of work. I stare at her for a minute. She's so beautiful even in her sleep. She looks really peaceful too. I sadly notice that it's nearing twelve thirty so I have to leave now. I trudged downstairs, get in my car, and drive to Dairy Queen which is fifteen minutes away from the house and another ten minutes away from my work. 

Fifteen minutes later...

  I arrive at Dairy Queen with forty five minutes to spare before I start my shift, which gives me half an hour to deal with these dumbass coworkers of Mo's and her ignorant boss. I walk in and come face to face with an orange girl named Emily. I'm not kidding when I say that she's an orange. Clearly she's spent far too much time in tanning booths and has tried to cover up said "tan" with a fake "tan." Notice my air quotes ladies and gents. "Hi Emily, is your manager here?" She's chewing a wad of gum and spits it out right in front of me, as if I actually want to see her do that. "Yeah I'll go get her." She does a double take of me and gives me a look of disdain. "I'll be back in a minute." I give her the same look of disdain to her backside and wait for the manager/Mo's boss to come out. She appears a couple minutes later. "Hi sir, how may I help you?" I give her a polite smile even though I want to grab her by the throat and strangle her. "Hi, I was wondering if I could take a few minutes to talk to you about something important." 

  She gives me a look of confusion. "I don't know you but you seem nice so I suppose I could spare a few minutes to talk. Follow me into my office please." She leads me into her office which is in the back of the kitchen of all places. That's a weird spot for an office but it's not my place to judge that. There's a more important matter at hand here, which is Mo. I read her name tag and see that her name is Gladis. I nearly gag at the name. It's an ugly name for an ugly person, both inside and out. It's suiting for her though given what she puts Mo through at work. "Sir, tell me. What seems to be the problem?" I glare at her slightly. "I'm here in regards to one of your employees." Gladis glares back slightly as well. "Which one?" I move my seat forward and look her dead in the eyes saying "Moana." She nearly falls out of her chair. Boo, I caught you bitch. 

   "Moana... I don't what she told you but I've been treating her just like I do the rest of my employees." I growl lowly at her. "So you're telling me you make all of your employees work like dogs and make them so down on themselves that they come home bursting into tears?" Gladis rolls her eyes at me. "I've figured it out. You're her precious boyfriend aren't you? Who else would be giving me this dull lecture?" "Dull lecture you say? I know exactly how to spice this up." I hate grabbing women in violent ways but this bitch is triggering me. I grab her by her shirt and push her into her desk. "You listen to me and you listen good because I'm only saying this once. You're going to stop treating Moana like shit and let her shine every way possible. She's smarter than any of you fools combined and is the hardest worker I've ever known. She deserves to be here and also deserves to feel safe in her workplace. Are we clear?"

  Gladis is struggling to catch her breath but doesn't answer my question, forcing me to push her into her desk again to prove my point. "Are we clear?", I say with more hostility in my voice. This time she responds with several nods, still trying to catch her breath. I give her a signature smirk. "Good. I'll leave now." I sarcastically bow before her. "Have a nice day." Gladis doesn't say another word to me as I walk out of her office. Emily the Orange shoots me daggers but I don't even bother to return them. I've proven my point. My work here is done. I get back in my car and drive to work to continue the rest of my day. 

After work...

  I actually had a good day at work. I didn't get ragged on by anyone, but that's probably because I wore my "I'm going to fuck you up if you bother me" facial expression throughout most of my shift. I got a text from Mo an hour ago saying she made us mac and cheese for supper. I'm eager to see her and tell her the events of today. I get back in my car once more and head home. 

Fifteen minutes later...

 I arrive home and knock on the door. Not even a minute later, it comes flying open and I'm face to face with Mo. My "I'm going to fuck you up if you bother me" facial expression shifts into my "I love this girl with all my heart" facial expression. "Hey Mo." Mo hugs me tightly. "Maui, I'm so happy to see you. Dinner's ready. I don't mean to rush this moment but I'm starved and I bet you are too." As if on cue, my stomach rumbles, causing both of us to burst into harmonious laughter. Mo leads me into the kitchen and serves us both up a good portion of mac and cheese. We eat in silence for a couple minutes before she breaks it. "Mauuuuuiii, the suspense is killing me. How'd it go with my boss today?" I grin wickedly. "I don't think you're going to have to worry about her messing with you anymore. As for your coworkers, they're all wimps. I think you're okay now." 

  Mo lights up and it melts my heart. I haven't seen her happy the past couple of days so I'm really glad that I was able to help her like this. "Thank you so much Maui. I owe you." I wave her comment off. "You're welcome and nonsense. You do everything for me. I'm glad that I was able to do this for you." She smiles adorably at me. "I love you Maui." I go around to the other side of the table, peck her on the lips, and smile like an idiot. "I love you too Moana." 

  We finish eating dinner, have some cupcakes for dessert, and clean up our mess before retreating upstairs for the night. What a day it's been today. Definitely another one for the books. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! Thank you for over 1,800 reads. This fanfic got like 200 reads overnight which is awesome. :) <3 -Mary