Progress

Progress

Chapter 70

Tamatoa's POV

 Surprise, I'm back! Did you really think I'd disappear all together? Well guess what, I didn't. Sorry to burst those oh so precious bubbles that you've all tried to enclose me in, though I'm not back for vengeance. I'm simply back to fill you on the latest tragedy that is my life. I'm currently a psych patient at the local mental hospital. It was either that or prison, obviously I chose the better of the two, though both of those places are quite grim. At least in the hospital I can have visitors somewhat close to me, better meals, and an actual bed that doesn't look or feel like cardboard. I guess you could say I'm doing okay. I'll probably be here for a long time but to be honest, I really don't care. I'm tired of being a villain. It's exhausting and has gotten me little to no where of the years. I'm finally ready to change for the better and no that isn't just a silly cliché of mine that I'm going to use in attempt to win you over.

   I meant my apologies in the end to Moana, Ariel, and even Maui believe it or not. I'm ready to become a better man and I'm willing to do everything it takes, even if it means I'm stuck here for years to come. As for Scar, he's going down the rabbit hole all the way. He's currently rotting away in prison for the rest of his life. He committed some more horrible crimes recently such as robbery, assault and battery, and even murder. I was cruel but I was never a murder. Killing a living being is taking things way to far in my book. I feel sorry for Scar. He isn't getting the second that I am to turn himself around. It sucks. I wish my cousin was here with me trying to better himself. I guess I really am alone in this world because besides him, I never had anyone else. I just hope that he stays safe in jail, that way he can't cause anymore harm to innocent people, just like the both of us have over the years.

   Despite everything though, there is one truth in all of this. I really did love Moana. That wasn't a lie. I'm not going to try to go after her anymore but I will always love her. I know that Maui is the one for her. I wish them nothing but the best.

Moana's POV

  The next day...

   It's ten in the morning and I go into work for noon. Maui's surprisingly up already. I guess he has some errands to run himself before work. I head downstairs to find a buffet of breakfast food on the table. I stare at all of it with my jaw dropped. "Maui, you didn't." He wraps an arm around me while grinning. "I did. I didn't know what you wanted so I figured a little bit of everything wouldn't hurt." A slight blush finds its way onto my face. "This is amazing. Thank you so much." He chuckles. "You're welcome. Eat up. I ate some myself already but sadly I can't stay because I have to run some errands before work." I nod understandingly. "That's fine. I have to leave for work soon anyway myself." He gives me a quick peck on the lips. "Hey a good day princess." I smile. "You too Maui. I love you." He then pulls me in for a warm hug. "I love you too."

   I watch Maui leave and eat my breakfast buffet with my parents who come downstairs all groggy but hungry nonetheless. I end up eating a little bit of everything, which consists of pancakes, eggs, home fries, bacon, toast, bagels, and sausage. The food is absolutely delicious and once again Maui has outdone himself. I'm going to thank him again when I see him again tonight. Him and I are going out for dinner for a change after work. Both of us got paid yesterday so we're going to go to Golden Corral, which we haven't been to in awhile. I'm going to burst by the end of the night. Oh well. YOLO. 

At work...

  When I walk through the doors, every single one of my coworkers and my boss tense up. They give me nervous smiles and stare at me for several minutes before going back to their duties. Weird... It's better than being tormented. It'll be nice to work in peace for once. I can tell that I'll only get spoken to when needed and the same goes for me speaking to my coworkers, boss, and even customers. I could get used to this. 

After work...

 My shift was the most peaceful one to date. I was hardly bothered at all today. It was wonderful. If every shift was like today's shift, then I'd probably enjoy coming into work. I should be able to enjoy my job. Now I'm heading over to Golden Corral to meet Maui for supper. He surprisingly got out at the same time as me tonight which almost never happens. It's only a twenty minute drive from Dairy Queen. Not too shabby.

Twenty minutes later...

  I spot Maui's car instantly and park right near him. He notices me a few seconds later and flashes me a devilish grin. Only my Maui, only my Maui. I get out of the car and jump into his arms. He spins me around and kisses me on the forehead. "Hey baby. How was work?" I blush at him calling me baby and give him a shy smile. "Work went really well. I think you gave them a good scare yesterday. They only spoke to me when needed and vice versa for me to them." Maui's throaty chuckles rumbles against my body. "I'm glad to hear that I can be that scary when needed. I'm even more glad that they didn't bother you today." "How was work for you?" He gently puts me down and shrugs. "It was okay. Nothing special happens at my job. Just a typical day at work." "Well that's good to hear. Shall we eat?" Maui rubs his stomach. "I thought you'd never ask." He then playfully bows. "After you my lady." A giggle slips out as I head in front of him, though he makes sure to open the door for me once we reach it. 

  We get our drinks, which are two iced teas, pay for ourselves, and pick a table to sit at. We chose one off in the corner. We want to have as much as peace and quiet as possible. Thankfully it isn't too crowded. We put the piece of paper that was handed to us down on the table and go help ourselves to some food. Both of us start with soup before really going to town on everything else, including the dessert section. We eat for an hour before we call it quits. Both of us feel like we're going to burst, especially me because this is the second buffet of food that I've had to today. If I eat anymore, Maui's going to half to roll me home. We head out hand in hand until we have to part ways once we reach our cars. We share a gentle peck on the lips before having to get into our own cars. Maui leads the way and I follow him in my car. 

Half an hour later...

  Due to slight traffic we were delayed by fifteen minutes, though it would have been worse. Maui and I freshen up and unwind before bed. We cuddle on the couch and watch TV for a little while, the newest episode of Scandal to be exact. I got Maui into Scandal recently. He binged watched the first five seasons on Netflix so he could be fully aware of what's going on this season. I tried getting him into Grey's Anatomy but that one was a bit too girly for him. Too much romance for his taste. I don't blame him. Someone's always having sex and/or making out on that show, but it's still my all time fave. I think he'd like How To Get Away With Murder too. That's the next show I plan on getting him into. He's gotten me into The Walking Dead recently as well so we're even now. 

Two hours later...

  Maui and I are completely exhausted and call it a night, though we both end up falling asleep on the couch rather than in our beds. The last thing I feel is a super soft blanket being placed over us and Maui moving me closer to him. This is the best way to fall asleep. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! Thank you for over 1,900 reads. Almost to 2,000 ready. :D :)  <3 -Mary