A Day At The Lake

A Day At The Lake

Chapter 22

Maui's POV

Two days later...

  It's finally Saturday and you know what that means... it's lake day! Jack and I are all ready to go, we're just waiting on the girls. Mo told me that they'll be here in about fifteen minutes. "Jack, how are you feeling about today man?" He grins at me. "I'm feeling great. My week's been hell but today will make up for it. How about you?" I nod in agreement. "I feel the same way as you do." We talk a bit more until the girls arrive, which they arrive right on time. That's a bonus that both of our girlfriends have a good concept of time because so few people do. We all walk to the lake because it's only a twenty minute walk and the exercise will do us all some good. All of our stuff is in backpacks so we don't have to worry about lugging a lot. 

At the lake...

  As soon as we arrive, all of us throw our stuff down and run into the water like little kids, splashing each other and what not. There's no one here to make fun of us so we can say and do as we please. We've all had a rough few weeks and we deserve this today. After we get sick of splashing, we swim around for awhile and play water volleyball, the girls versus us guys. The girls ended up kicking our asses. I'm quite impressed by their volleyball skills. Tryouts for the girls volleyball team are next month and I think both of them would be great assets. I even told them so. They said they'd think about it and decide as the time gets closer. As long as they consider it is all that matters. 

Two hours later...

  Mo groans adorably. I smirk at her. "Aw is my little princess hungry?" She playfully rolls her eyes while rubbing her stomach. "Oh hush Maui. I'm not that little, but yes I'm hungry. Did you guys happen to bring any food?" I nod. "We brought some sandwiches, chips, cheese crackers, and cookies. Any preference?" "Chips sound good. What flavor are they?" "Sour cream and onion." She lights up because she knows that I brought them just for her because they're her favorite kind of chips. "Maui, you know me so well." I chuckle and kiss her forehead tenderly. "I like to think that I do." She dashes out of the water and digs into the chips. I decide to join her because I don't want her to have to eat alone. Well that and Jack and Ariel are getting quite handsy in the lake, which means they are craving a few minutes alone with each other. Mo notices it too because she flashes a smirk in their direction before looking back at me. 

  Mo then bursts into a giggle fit. "I never knew Ariel and Jack could be so hormonal. I thought we were the super hormonal ones. I'm afraid that they might have us beat Maui." I gasp in fake shock. "Them being more hormonal than us? That's terrible! We must prove otherwise." She looks at me with a mouthful of chips. "And how might we do that?" I move closer to her, closing in the gap between us. I let her finish the chips she has in her mouth before putting my hands on his hands and kissing her like there's no tomorrow. What a day today has turned out to be. I'm spending quality time my best friends and girlfriend. These three people in front of me are my real family. One thing I've learned since coming to university is that people who aren't related to you by blood are often more like family than those who are. The universe and its ways sure are mysterious. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter!  By the way, thank you all for all of the comments so far on my Sarahah page. I've enjoyed reading them. I'd like to read them in a Youtube video soon. :) -Mary