LTBB 2: Chapter Two

Comenzar desde el principio

Catching up with Chase who was still walking away almost out of the cafeteria with the blonde girl beside him, I catch a hold of his arm and forcefully turn him to face me, once he did, I immediately regretted it.

His eyes burn in anger and pain as he stared deep into me, the whole cafeteria focus their gazes at us. Chase's reputation in Brooklyn-Hale University must have expanded since I heard some people gasp at my actions to the bad boy.

"What do you want?" He yelled. His tall muscular body reaches over mine intimidatingly, I gulp.

"I want to talk." I pathetically say, the girl beside him looked confused.

"Chase do you know her?" She asked taking his hand into hers.

My heart suddenly clenches and a lump on my throat appears making it harder for me to breathe and speak. It even hurt worse when Chase answered-

"No I don't know her. I never seen her in my life."

"What?" I managed to speak holding back the tears. I know it's too early for crying, especially that it's not even my first proper day back in BHU, but seeing as the one person who I loved first practically acted as if he never met me cut me like a million of knives stabbing my chest.

"Who are you anyway?" Chase said in a serious tone, my lips slightly part.

Why is he being like this towards me?

Two minutes ago, he just called me 'Belle' which was his special nickname for me when we first met. He nicknamed me after a Disney princess because of how much I meant like a princess to him, and now, he's spitting lies right in front of my face.

"Why are you being like this?" The whole cafeteria was still looking. It was quiet and the only two things you could hear was Chase and I speaking.

"Being like what?"

"Why are you lying to me? You know who I am, Chase. So why are you lying?" I ask, the tears fogging up my eyes. I was being strong. I couldn't break down right now.

He takes a step closer letting go of the girl's hand, Chase's face was dead serious, "I never met you in my life. And I never want to."

Ouch.

The blonde girl stepped in between our bodies pushing Chase away, "Chase, don't be rude." She spoke frowning at him disappointedly.

"I'm Emma, Chase's girlfriend." She introduced herself reaching out for my hand and shaking it.

Emma? Where have I heard that name before?

[Flashback]

Curiousness itched my brain and I couldn't help what words fell from my mouth; "Who is she?" I questioned, "Emma?" I say her name to be more clear and straight forward.

"She's just a friend." Chase states in a serious tone, I look at him for a moment.

"She seemed more than a friend by what I saw and heard."

Chase shrugged, "What do you mean? What did you hear us talking about?"

Is he being serious? Is Chase literally playing the dumb act?

Stepping back from Chase to increase the distance, I knit my brows together and folded my arms in front of my chest, "If you really want to make me believe that Emma is just a 'friend', prove it to me. Tell me why I over heard you guys talking about how you could make her scream during the night... no, better. Explain to me why she was on your lap and you just fricken decided not to push her off even though you knew I was watching."