Chapter 9: Dark Wizard Village

Start from the beginning

"I think that only happens at the guild."

"We do love our spirits, don't we?"

"A little too much if you ask me," the lucky wizard muttered bitterly.

Natsu sprinted to a random home. Then Gray sprinted after him. They both raced to the same house. They opened the door after pounding it, only to find no one home except a freshly cooked meal.

"Looks like there's no one here."

"Who cares? It's food," the dragon slayer whispered.

He picks up a loaf of bread and sniffs it. Satisfied, he was about to take a bite until his head was pushed onto the table. He looked up to see (M/N) with an irritated expression.

"What was that for?!" he rubbed his head and pouted.

"Cause I felt like it. Got a problem with that?"

"No sir!"

"Something's not right here," Erza said.

"She's right. Who would leave a table full of food sitting there like that? And if somebody cooked this, then where the heck are they now?" Gray explained.

"How should I know? Alright, ready to dig in Happy?"

"Aye."

He was about to bite the loaf until he was interrupted by the redhead.

"Natsu."

"Yes ma'am?" his voice trembled slightly with blue lines on his forehead.

"We need to investigate the village first. We've held out this long. We can hold o-" her stomach growled loudly.

"I think your stomach has different plans," Lucy commented.

"Yes. But which one do we listen to?" the old man asked.

"Search for mushrooms or anything that looks edible! And don't eat the food in the village, okay? While you're all doing that, master and I will try to figure out what's going on!" she spoke while her stomach growled the entire time.

"Yeah yeah. We got it. Let's go Happy."

"Aye."

The blonde stayed silent for a moment before she spoke again.

"Wait. Why mushrooms?" she asked as her forehead turned blue.

*Small time skip*

"Stupid Erza. How am I supposed to get full of mushrooms? That food looked really good back there to-" the dragon slayer stopped himself.

"Hey. Mushrooms," the ice wizard pointed out.

"I take it back! These look tasty!"

"But why mushrooms?"

"It's so obvious, Lucy."

"Oh really."

"Natsu's going to eat a poisonous mushroom and something weird will happen to him," Happy pulls out a sign, "You know the cliche, right?"

"Give me some credit Happy. You really think I'd fall for a stupid gag like that? No way."

"Knowing an idiot like you, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually did happen," (M/N) commented.

"Leave me alone (M/N)!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erza stood outside as the wind blew through the laundry and her hair. A pot of stew sat on a stove on the middle of a table. Makarov cracked an egg into a small bowl and started mixing until he felt a dark presence behind him.