“Well…you called me rich girl.” I told him lamely.

“What did I say before that?” he smirked.

Oh that jerk.

“Fine. I wasn’t listening to a word you said!” I admitted exasperatedly.

His smirk stayed in place.

“I was saying that Mia and Mom went out to buy some stuff. They cooked breakfast and brought some clothes for you before they left. So if you want to eat or shower, you’re free to do so. Mia also called your driver and asked him to pick you guys up. I think you guys would leave once Mia gets home.”

I just nodded my head, lost in thought.

“I’m going downstairs to eat.”

With those words, he walked out. I decided to take a shower first before eating. Like the night before, I used Liam’s bodywash and shampoo in his bathroom. I grinned, thinking we smelled the same. Mia brought me a dress with floral design. It was a comfy one. When I headed to the kitchen, Liam was eating a pancake. I sat down in front of him and got some pancakes for myself. An awkward silence filled the room. It was like there was tension in the air though I had no idea why.

“So you’re an incoming senior?” I asked him, breaking the silence.

He just stared at me then nodded. “How did you know?”

I choked on my food as he asked me that. How was I supposed to tell him that I asked my family’s private investigator to gather some information about him? I thought about what I should say that wouldn’t make him think of me as a stalker.

“Well, you know. Mia mentioned it to me.” I lied smoothly.

He seemed to accept my answer. “How about you?” he asked.

“Me? Uh, I’m an incoming sophomore. I just turned 16.” I informed him.

He nodded and stared off the space.

“How old are you?” I asked even though I know the answer.

“19.” He replied.

“Aren’t you old enough to get into College? The usual age for seniors is 18, right?” I asked, curious.

“I was supposed to graduate a year ago. But I stopped going to school for a year.” He replied nonchalantly.

“Why?” I asked, getting interested.

He shrugged, clearly not wanting to discuss the topic with me anymore.

“Does Mia know about this?”

“Yes…”