Shaw looked thoughtful for a minute before biting his lip. “I can’t really think of anything Mark. Not right now at least. But I will!” His eyes widened a little. “DING! DONE THINKING! I HAVE AN IDEA!” He began to fist pump.

                I looked at him suspiciously. “And what, exactly, is this idea of yours Shaw?” I asked, knowing it was probably going to make me wish I had never asked for his help. Shaw came up with some…uh…interesting ideas.

                Shaw grinned widely. “Mark, I’ll get one of my friends to flirt with Maxx. If Maxx goes for them, we know he’s a cheater. If he doesn’t, you can relax a little,” he said in excitement.

                I thought about it before shrugging a little. “Fine Shaw. I trust you,” I said quietly. Shaw pulled me in for another hug and gave me a reassuring look.

                “Hey, it’ll be okay Mark,” he promised. “I’ll have Nick do it. You know Nick. He’s a real good guy. He’ll just find out if Maxx is a cheater or not.”

                I nodded slightly. I did know Nick. Nick Bradley was a real nice guy. And if he did this for me, then maybe I could find out whether or not my boyfriend was a cheater. It wouldn’t answer all my questions, but it would answer some.

                I nodded at Shawn again. I sighed. “Okay Shaw. Call Nick and ask him if he’ll do it,” I said quietly. Shaw pat me on the back as he whipped out his phone and dialed Nick’s number. I watched him anxiously.

                “Nick? Hey, it’s Shaw. Look, I need you to do something for me…”

                                                                                ***Maxx’s POV***

                “Chandler,” I called in annoyance. “Give them back to me.”

                Chandler rolled his eyes and came back over to me, handing me my dice. I shoved them in my pocket and smacked Chandler in the back of his head. He knew you couldn’t steal the dice my dad had given to me. They were special to me.

                “Oh shit Maxx. Cute kid,” Chandler whispered and nodded at a kid who was walking towards us, walking a husky. The husky barked in excitement.

                “Hi there,” the kid said with a friendly smile as he stepped up to us. Damn, Chandler and his understatements. This kid was fucking hot.

                “Hey,” I said casually. “Nice dog. What’s its name?”

                “Cujo. Like the dog from the Stephen King book,” he said, petting the dog. The dog barked in excitement again.

                The kid held out his hand. “I’m Nick. Nick Bradley,” he introduced. I shook his hand. “I’m Maxx Falcone, and that’s my friend Chandler Martin,” I said, nodding at Chandler.

                I released Nick’s hand and he smiled. “Nice to meet the both of you,” he said.

                Chandler pulled out his vibrating cell phone and groaned. “It’s my mom, Maxx. I’ll be right back,” he grumbled, annoyed that she called while he was trying to talk to the hot kid. He answered his phone and moved away from us so he could talk.

                I turned to Nick. “So, where do you go to school?” I asked.

                “I go to the school on the west side of town. You?”