Snake Eyes {14}

“So you almost slept with Maxx?” Shaw asked in shock as we sat in his bedroom. I nodded and blushed deeply.

                “But Shaw, they keep giving each other these looks,” I said and tried my best to explain the knowing looks, and how I didn’t want to do anything sexual with Maxx, especially not until I found out what those looks were for.

                Shaw frowned deeply. “But Mark, if they were plotting against you, that doesn’t make sense. They didn’t know you were a virgin until after Maxx had already started hitting on you hardcore. And Maxx was gone for two years, and didn’t know you before. So it’s not like they could have been planning this or anything,” he said.

                I shrugged helplessly. “I don’t know Shaw. It just doesn’t sit right with me,” I mumbled. “I just don’t want to find myself in that position with Maxx again until I’m 100% positive it’s what I want.”

                Shaw pat me on the back and offered me an encouraging smile. “Hey, he said he was a virgin too, right? So who knows. Maybe he’s just as nervous as you,” he said with a wink. He frowned thoughtfully. “Mark, would you give it or take it?”

                I blushed deeply and shook my head. “I don’t know Shaw! I’m not a sexual guy!” I cried, slapping my hands over my ears and trying to block out the nasty images popping up in my brain.

                “Someday you won’t be a virgin prude Marky!” Shaw said with a bright smile, patting me on the back again.

                I glanced at the clock and sighed. “I better get home before my grandpa sets the house on fire again,” I said, jumping off of Shaw’s bed.

                I grabbed my schoolbag and held my arms out towards Shaw. He raised an eyebrow and shook his head at me.

                “No hugs for you, you dirty boy,” he said with a smirk.

                I pouted and gave him my puppy dog eyes. “NO! IT WON’T WORK THIS TIME!” he cried, slapping his hands over his eyes. I held the same position until he pulled his hands away from his eyes and peeked at me.

                Shaw groaned loudly and climbed off of his bed. He came over and into my arms, hugging me tightly.

                “Hey, calm down. I’m sure you’re just imagining things with those looks,” he said with a small smile.

                “I hope,” I said and bit my lip.

                Shaw walked me to his front door and waved at me as I started up the street. I walked back to my house and let myself inside.

                I went up to the living room and looked around for my grandpa. “Mom!” I said in shock, having not noticed the woman sitting on my couch.

                She looked up and gave me a tired smile. “Hi Mark. Where were you?” she asked curiously, setting her laptop down and coming over to me.

                “I was at Shaw’s,” I mumbled. “When did you get home?”

                “About a half hour ago. By the way, I’m sorry dear. I gave your grandfather the water gun the other day. I figure it’s harmless. I didn’t put any water in it,” she said.

                She wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her back. She pulled away and smiled at me, dark circles under her eyes.