(BBC) JohnxReader. Again?

(After Season 2 Episode 3)

John put down the letter. His body shook, his breathing uneasy.

"John what is it?"

"First Sherlock, now this?"

"What is it John?"

"I-I've been called back y/n."

"Back to where?"

"Back, to the war."

"What?" You get up and hug him. Not John, not now, especially not now.

"Y/n, I don't know if I can."

You wanted to reassure him he would be fine but you didn't want him to go. "John, you can, you are a strong man. You can do it." Why did you say it? His best friend had died only a month ago.

"Y/n, I-I don't want to go. I don't want to leave you, and I-I don't want to leave Sherlock."

"Sherlocks-"

"No he's not! I won't believe it! He's not dead he can't be! He just can't" John began to cry into your shoulder. You rubbed his back comfortingly. "I can't do it."

"John," you paused for a minute to collect yourself, you pulled back as made your e/c eyes connect with his, "No matter how much I don't want you to leave, you have to, it's best John, it'll help you cope. I'll be fine John, and I'll wait for you. I promise you that."

"You really will?"

"Yes John, I promise."

With a slight move your lips connected. John kissed you passionately. Your lips moved in sync. You pulled back when a question appeared in your head.

"Why'd you-" John began.

"How long will you still be here?"

"Only 2 weeks."

"Only 2!?"

"Sadly yes."

"John, I promise to make these next 2 weeks the best ones we've ever had."

"Oh Y/n, I-I love you." That was the first time John ever said 'I love you' to you.

"John, I love you too." You said and kissed him again.

You didn't lie, those next 2 weeks were the best you and John had. Then came the day, the day John had to leave. You kissed him passionately and tried not to cry as he entered the cab.

As his can drive off you let a few tears slip. You glanced across the street when you heard a muffled male sob. You looked and crossed the street. You walked up to the man and stopped dead in your tracks. The tears fell out.

The man looked at you with wide puffy eyes. You recognized him. You tried to yell at him but only one word left your mouth and it was spoken as a whisper. "Sherlock."