Sherlock x Reader. A loving duet

You sat down in your older brother Johns flat, your violin case in hand. He invited you over to meet his flat mate.

You smiled and thanked him as he handed you your tea. "He'll be out soon. I made him freshen up a bit." He smiled.

You grinned softly and nodded. "Thank you John." You replied kindly. In all honesty, you were cold and blunt when it came to others. You were extremely intelligent and observative, just like the sociopath you were going off to meet.

You sipped your tea as John made himself and the estranged man a cup. You heard heavy footsteps from the hall. "John when is this sister of yours arriving?" He asked, his voice low and calming.

You looked up at him in slight awe. He was a perfect looking man. With a quick glance, you deduced him. He seemed to be just like you, well, the you that your brother had yet to meet.

Sherlock looked down at you and you felt his eyes tracing over every part of you. He liked what he saw, no matter how he thought in love he knew what true beauty was when he saw it.

He saw your violin case and raised an eyebrow. "You play?" He asked.

"And write." You say standing. You held your hand out to him. "Y/n Watson at your service." You told him. (I did say you were Johns sister.)

He took your hand, but instead of shaking it he bent down and lightly kissed your knuckles. "Sherlock Holmes, at your service." He murmured staring up at you.

You nodded, tensing at the contact of his lips, which he noticed. He dropped your hand and walked swiftly over to his violin.

"We'll play. Here." He tossed his hand written music onto his stand and you peered at it.

"You wrote this. And your education on music theory is phenomenal." You said as you pulled out and prepared your violin.

He nodded. "Play a harmony to my melody. I wanna hear what you can do." He said as he placed his violin under his chin, you copying his actions.

He began playing and you followed suit, creating a perfect harmony to his melody. He had the faintest smile on his face as he listened to you.

John watched you both from afar. Both of your sets of eyes were close and you had the faintest, most content smiles on your faces.

After hours of playing you sat down in Johns chair across from Sherlock. "Now, tell me what you know, about me." He said and smiled softly.

"You're a smoker, obvious by the very, very faint yellow tint to your finger tips," you began, "and you were a drug addict." You say, rolling up his sleeve, tracing your fingers over the scars.

He tensed but let your light touch continue. "You're good." He smiled softly, staring at you.

"And you're brilliant just like me," you continued, "or else you wouldn't have asked me to do this. You work on cases as a detective, obvious stress signs. And you get annoyed easily by the idiots of the world, except for Johnny Boy over there, and your sweet land lady, Mrs.Hudson." You smiled.

"How'd you know about Mrs.Hudson?" He asked.

"John told me and I met her on my way in." You smiled.

"And you deduced everything else? I'm impressed." He whispered the last bit.

John coughed, utterly shocked. "You never told me about this! Y/n Watson!" John jumped over and wrapped his arms around you.

You laughed and smiled, holding onto him as he hugged you and spun you around. "You're brilliant! Why'd you hide this from me? Or Harry? Or mum!?" He chuckled and kissed your forehead

Sherlock watched, and new twinkle in his eyes as he saw how your love for your brother changed you. His phone beeped, pulling him away from his thoughts. "John we've got a case!" He cheered and pulled in his coat and scarf quickly.

John followed in suit and stood in the doorway, the door already open. Sherlock turned to you, fixing his scarf. "Come with us, I could another genius around to help me think around all the idiots, and John." He held his hand out to you.

You smiled and slipped your coat on quickly. You grabbed Sherlocks hand and he pulled you along with him

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You walked into 221B again. It'd been two weeks since first met Sherlock, and you had spent so much time with him in those two weeks.

You helped him on his last case and had gotten incredibly close. He realized how brilliant you are and he felt feelings for you.

He watched you as you sipped tea and chatted with John. The way the light hit your face and hair. It illuminated your beauty. "Y/n?" He asked in the pause in your conversation.

"Huh?" You ask, turning to him. He gently pulled you over and kissed you softly.

You kissed back and held onto him as he held you, kissing you for a long while.

You broke away when John coughed. "Sherlock Holmes, your break her heart, I will kill you." He threatened.

Sherlock chucked deeply and nodded. "You have nothing to worry about, at all." He smiled and handed you your violin. "Let's play our duet, my dear." He smiled.

You nodded and played with him, smiling as you did. He admired you as you got into the music, finding his love.