Luke Hemmings x Reader. Not so happy ever after

A/N
CAUTION!
The content ahead contains suicidal themes. If you are triggered by things like this please DO NOT READ.
I love you all and I do not, under any circumstances, condone this behavior.
If any of you are going through depression and need someone to talk to message me, I'll always be here for you, all of you.

You sniffled and rocked back and forth. He was gone, and he was going to be gone for a while. Till you apologized, he was going to be gone. According to your mind anyway.

You messed up, like always, and Luke left you. He needed some air but you knew what it was going to turn into, him never coming back.

Well that's what you thought, he always did come back to you, even when you were wrong. He just couldn't stay away, he loved you, and only you.

You're paranoid mind made you think otherwise. You thought he was leaving you for good. And you couldn't take it.

You couldn't take it. The thought of being alone, with nobody to  help you when you needed them the most, it made you ache.

Your whole body felt like t was just going to crumble and you'd be dust. But no, that wouldn't happen. You'd feel like that till the day you die.

But you didn't want that. That feeling was torturing you. You wanted the torture to end. You wanted the pain to go away and never return.

You scrambled to your feet, your eyes blurt with tears. You rummaged around in the drawer of your nightstand before finding your trusty razor.With that you stumbled into the bathroom.

One, two, three, four. The cuts weren't helping, as deep they were. You felt it just build up more. The pain was overwhelming you, it was making the rest of your life terrible.

You cried as the blood ran down your arms. It was gushing and you felt yourself getting. You sobbed quietly and got up. You tried to wash away the blood but it just kept coming.

Luke made it a few blocks away when he remembered how fragile you were. He loved you, and knowing that your mind would trick you into hurting yourself because of him killed him inside.

He froze a moment, all the possibilities of what you could do. He turned and ran, as fast as he could. He opened the door quickly, shutting it as he stumbled inside and ran around your house, looking for you. When he finally got to the bathroom he saw he was too late.

You were on your knees, the water running and the sink almost over flowing with red-orange water, he shut off the water and pulled you out, drying your arms off.

You were pale, your arms stained with your own blood. "Y/n? Baby wake up. Baby look at me." He pleaded and cradled you in his arms. "Cmon babe open your eyes!" He tried and shook you.

You laid limp in his lap as he stopped shaking you. He called an ambulance and trying to patch you up. He was fighting back sobs but let his tears roll freely down his cheeks. "Baby no, please don't go." He whimpered and kissed your forehead before letting the paramedics take you.

As days turned to weeks you still wouldn't wake up. Luke was given news that you had to be taken off life support and now here he was, curled up in a ball beside your bed. The sound of your heart monitor was the only the accompany his sobs.

Ashton, Calum, and Michael were behind him, tears rolling down their cheeks as the scene unfolded in front of them.

Luke let out a scream on agony and regret, his legs muffling the scream. The boys all choked back a sob, hating to see him in that much pain.

"It's all my fault! I'm such a fucking idiot for leaving!" He sobbed and unfurled himself, grabbing your hand and looking at you with red eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Y/n please wake up! I'm sorry! I was wrong! Yell at me! Break up with me! I don't care just wake up!" He sobbed and held his head in his hands.

He leaned over and pressed his lips to yours hard. "Wake up." He said after pulling back. He repeated this action multiple times. Ashton had to pull him away.

"L-Luke. She's gone mate." He croaked out. "We're so sorry, we're here for you." He said sadly.

Luke shook his head. "I just need her to wake up." He sniffled and looked at them, then you. He leaned down and lifted you up a bit, hugging you to him. "Wake up baby." He pleaded softly. "I love you and I need you back. Please." He begged.

His pleads and cries were all for not. The heart monitor let out a steady beep and everyone in the room just stood their. Doctors and nurses rushed in.

They knew the damage you had done was irreversible, and they knew you'd be better if you didn't have to deal with the pain. They watched silently, making sure the boys were ok.

Luke was just sitting there, holding your now dead body in his arms. He had you pressed up against him, craving warmth but only feeling the cold. The boys finally let out their sobs and walked over, hugging you and Luke.

Luke was still frozen solid, his mind unable to process this. You died, the love of his life, died. He wouldn't be able to hold you again, to hear your laugh, see your smile, anything. He wouldn't have you anymore.

He couldn't let you go. His mind finally allowed the thoughts to process and he broke. He buried his head in you cold neck and sobbed. He gripped your body tightly to his, praying your eyes would open and you'd smile and tell him that everything was ok. Or that he'd wake up and this would all just be some twisted dream, and that you'd hold him close as he sobbed.

But you were gone, forever. He didn't have any questions for you. No what, no where, no how. All he wanted to know was why he didn't get to have his happy ever after.