John Watson x Reader. Home soon

You looked at the webcam you set up, bouncing your young son in your lap, he was around 18 months old. He missed his father dearly, and you did too. You opened Skype and saw you husband call you.

Your son smiled and clapped as you connected the call. Once you saw his face you were almost in tears. He smiled softly as your son bounced with glee. "Hi John." You say, barely above a whisper.

"Hi Y/n." He said and smiled wide. "Hi Hamish." He smiled. "You've been good for mommy?" He asked.

Hamish nodded and smiled. "Daddy!" He grinned and reached for the computer monitor.

John gasped and wiped the tears away from his eyes. "Yeah, I'm daddy." He smiled and sniffled slightly. "When did he learn how to talk?" John asked.

"Not too long ago, his first word was 'daddy'." She smiled slightly. "He misses you a lot." She grinned softly and held Hamish close.

"Daddy come home?" Hamish asked, leaning on you.

"I'm sorry buddy but I can't come home yet, I'll be home soon I promise." He said sadly.

You frowned softly as Hamish teared up. "But daddy..." He sniffled.

"Shh! No, don't cry buddy. I'll be home soon I promise." He said and let a few tears roll down his cheeks. You were fighting back sobs at the sight. "Take care of mommy till I get back ok bud?" He asked.

Hamish nodded and you wiped his eyes and nose with a tissue. "I filmed everything for you John, just like I promised." You smiled softly.

He smiled a bit and nodded. "I'll be back soon I swear, we just have one more mission." He smiled softly.

The tears rolled down your cheeks as you watched John raise his hand to wave and Hamish crawl onto the desk and press his hand against Johns on screen. "I love daddy." He said and sniffled.

John bit back tears and smiled. "I love you too buddy." He looked back at you with a soft smile on his face. "Hey, why don't you go give mommy a hug?" He said and let his tears loose as Hamish turned his back and crawled back to you.

You pulled him into your lap and hugged him. You wiped away your tears as John did. You heard yelling and you saw John look up then back at you. "I have to go hun. I love you both, so much." He said.

"We love you too John, so much." You whispered and waved with Hamish before he hung up. Hamish cried softly and curled up to you. You cried silently and held him. "C'mon, you can sleep with mommy tonight." You whispered and carried him to his room, changing him into his pjs and then changing into your own.

He waddled into your room with his teddy bear and sniffled, reaching up to you. You picked him up and laid down with him. You were wearing one of John's sweaters. Hamish curled up to you and snuggled into the sweater.

You held him close. "Daddy ok?" He asked.

"I hope so buddy." You murmured and held your son as he fell asleep, You cried softly before falling asleep yourself, afraid for your husband.