Chapter 92

| Ninety Two |

My eyes open to a blur. I blink a few times until my vision becomes clear.

"Where am I?" I stutter, squinting as a bright light was above me.

My hands hover over my face, hiding me from the blinding light.

I had no idea where I was, if anyone was with me. I just forgot everything. I just knew I was lying down on some random bed.

"You are at a hospital Miss," A woman replies.

I slowly turn my head to the side.

I quickly search the room around me, becoming familiar to me.

"What's happened to me?" I ask, panicking, trying to get up.

"Miss you have to rest," He says, rushing over and gently pushing myself back down onto the bed. "Everything is fine,"

"Everything is fine? Why am I here then if everything is fine?"

"You fainted Miss and you have become very weak. It is vital you're here with us so we can ensure you're healthy."

"I fainted? But I'm fine right? I'm ok now... how long was I out?" I question, confused.

"Not long. You aren't in any critical situation, no worries. We have to ensure a check up that is all. I believe that you should rest from now on. You've overwhelmed yourself. My apologies. It must be hard considering that unfortunate situation with that boy—" She says.

"Boy? Harry... Harry!?" I shout.

Flashbacks of last night inundated my mind. Even though it happened just hours ago, my memory was restricted to the pounding sound of the gun shot which ached my mind.

"Harry... where is he, I need to see him, is he here?" I panic, pulling myself up.

"Miss please, it's imperative you say here." She says, stopping me.

"I have to go and see him. I need too, it's so important. Like you said I am fine. Why do you need me now?"

"The doctor must give us permission to release you. Furthermore, police have informed us that they would like to speak to you. We need your contact information to let your parents/carer understand this situation you are in."

"I'm eighteen, I'm an adult myself."

"Miss you don't seem to understand. This is a very serious situation you are involved in, you are a witness to a murder."

"Are you not a doctor yourself? Why can't you give permission? I'll speak to the police later."

"I'm not a doctor Miss, I do not have that power. I'm just here to check up on you."

"I want to see Harry. Is he in this hospital?" I ask looking at the door, panicking.

I get up and run before being stopped.

"Miss! Please return to your bed." She commands.

"But I need to see him," I yell. "I need to know he is ok. I need to see him."

"Please Miss."

I sigh. I lay back down.

"How long is this going to take because I need to see Harry." I say. "He's ok right?"

"Just please fill in this form." She says.

I grab it from her and follow the instructions.

Finally, I finish filling the form and pass it back to him as she studies it.

"Ok Miss Lynch." She smiles. "Please wait here until I return."

She walks out the room with the form leaving me alone.

My eyes often dart to the door, wondering if I could make an escape. He must be here too. I need to know he is ok.

Whilst I am so tempted, a part of me prevented me, reminding me that it was just a bad idea.

I just prayed Harry is ok. I don't know how I can live without him. If he is gone... I don't know what I would do. Tears form in my eyes just at the thought.

Minutes later, she walks back in but she is not alone. A male doctor walks in along with two cops.

"Have I done something wrong?" I ask, concerned.

They look at each other.

"No Miss Lynch, well hopefully you haven't, we just need to ask you some questions concerning recent events." He informs.

"Can I see Harry first. Is he ok?"

"People aren't allowed to see him right now Miss Lynch." The doctor informs.

"What why?" I panic. "At leadt tell me he is ok."

I stop inside. Please say he is fine...

The doctor pauses, looking down.

"He is going to be fine right? Someone say something!" I shout, my heart beating faster.

"I'm sorry Miss Lynch but we do not have the right to tell you."

"Why not!"

"Miss Lynch, we want you to come and speak with us now." The cop says.

I broke inside, finally nodding before following the them.

He was ok right? He has to be.

...

I need him.

*

I apologise for such a long wait. Things have happened, revision, exam. I hope you understand. Please keep reading and voting for Dare mean so much.

What do you think will happen?

Please keep spreading around about Dare!
Thank you so much for 55k! Feels like a dream!

Because of the long wait I will Update in 3 days or less. I promise this time.