Chapter 12

| Twelve |

I look away.

"Don't you see? You're a fucking asshole."

I look at him once more before leaving, forcing me to confront the unknown lingering in the dark. The anger permeates my thoughts, leaving me oblivious to the situation I am in now. Harry is my ride.

We had been here for a few hours and it resulted once more in just wanting to get away from him. It wasn't just the question, it is who he is, he is selfish the way he further provoked me. I genuinely began to enjoy his company for one rare moment but it was no surprise for his arrogance to return once again and ruin it.

I begin to hear him call my name but I ignore it. He never failed to ruin my mood.

"Ariana," he says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back to him.

The force of the pull and the tightness of his grip causes a sharp pain to run through me.

"What Harry?" I shout.

We were in the middle of a car park and I couldn't help but think about how ridiculous we looked.

I look at him, keeping my distance from him even though he wouldn't let go of my wrist. He glares at me, his stare burning into my eyes.

"Why did you run away?" He asks.

"Seriously? Do you have no clue?"

I stare at him in so much frustration. He didn't understand, he never did and he kept messing with me. Messing with my emotions. How can I spill a bit of myself to him about how tough it has been without my father and he acts like this in response? He doesn't respect me, he just sees me as another name on his list. All he wanted to talk about was sex.

The sound of thunder rumbles resulting in my attention to be up at the dark sky. The small droplets of rain now visible as they began to fall.

I pull my wrist away forcefully, rubbing it softly with my other hand, hoping to soothe away the pain from Harry's tight grip.

"I just want to go home Harry," I yell. "I'm not up for any of this, I am done ok, leave me alone."

His eyebrows lower.

"I asked you one fucking question and you go crazy on me," Harry argues.

The rain began to pour down heavily but Harry didn't move one inch. He didn't care.

It was silent. Both our hair was soaking wet, water dripping off whilst droplets of rain travelled down my face, falling from my nose.

"And I don't need to answer it, I don't owe you anything." I argue back. "Some people don't let out personal information either. And have some respect when someone says no. I can't believe you had to ruin things once more by talking about sex. That's all you care about, and despite sharing our own difficult journeys with both our losses, you still couldn't wait one day to not talk about sex could you."

"And you're not difficult yourself? It's a fucking question and you overreact once again. Life isn't perfect, stop having such high expectations over everyone." Harry defends.

"I told you countless times to stop, it's you who is the narcissist who has no ability to empathise with anyone."

"I don't give a fuck, I'm not going to listen to some little girl." He sniggers.

"Well you're just proving my point," I shout.

By now, it had fallen silent and we were both soaked. The only sound is our heavy breathing, realising how much the shouting had tired us both.

I have a black jacket on though you could see my cream top that was stuck to my body leaving the outlines of my bra visible. Harry's white top was tight on his body, transparent highlighting his muscular chest.

We both were silent, scanning each other.

His eyes wonder back to my eyes and we made eye contact. I watch him hesitate before walking up to me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise how uncomfortable it made you." he mumbles.

He pauses.

"You're... you're looking so fucking sexy, and your body," he growls in my ear. "I want you so badly right now."

He looks at me in the eyes and presses his lips onto mine.

I am so confused. One minute we're both angry, shouting and now his lips are on mine.

I felt a tingle run through my body, I felt so... good. I am frustrated at him. Did he really just apologise to just have the opportunity to kiss and think everything is ok?

But I couldn't help myself feel slightly turned on.

I push away as a confused expression spread across his face.

"Harry what are you doing?" I whisper.

I bite my lip.

"Why did you pull away?" He responds, ignoring my question.

"I–I don't want this. Just go find another girl to fuck around with because this is never going to be me. You can't just kiss me and think it's all better. How many times do I have to say this?"

He replies with nothing, just silence. He just stares.

Just as I thought, why did I even agree to go with him anyway.