Chapter 86

| Eighty Six |
* * *
ARIANA
~

'Until we have seen someone's darkness, we don't really know who they are.

Until we have forgiven someone's darkness, we don't really know what love is.'

* * *

I was speechless.

I felt so emotional, I couldn't even imagine the amount of pain he's been through. I felt my heart break, aching for him. I wanted to cry and cry. But I couldn't. I had to stay strong for him.

My mind wavered over to my constant nagging at Harry; suddenly experiencing an overwhelming sense of guilt. But I couldn't help myself — with his suspicious behaviour and swellings of discolouration devouring his skin, who wouldn't.

He was a tortured soul whose traumatic toll on his mental state had to be one of the most heartbreaking and tragic things to witness.

I knew he was broken. You could tell.

But to hear this. To hear how tragic, how traumatising this was... to see your own mother murdered, to be brought up, enslaved by your own mother's murderer and forced silent... he was only a child. Now this has returned to haunt him, still encaged by the devil himself. Words can't express how heartbreaking this was.

Despite the endless chats with the guys who expressed Harry's past as tragic, it never hit me more now. I understood, even more now reflecting on that chat with Liam in particular. When he exposed his vulnerable side disclosing Harry's trauma.

Harry was a boy plagued by his demons, tortured by his past. He didn't deserve this. No one did.

To think, there was so much more to Harry, so much more to his suffering and his past. How much more heartbreaking can this get?

I will always care and love him. He should have told me.

I'm glad he has now.

"Harry..." I whisper.

"What... what do you mean? Will he... kill?" I swallow, staring into his green eyes.

He shuffles a little in his seat.

"He's a man Ari, a man with no sense of remorse. He doesn't think like you, or me, or anyone sane for that matter. He desires anything that benefits him and loathes anything that doesn't. If provoking harm upon anyone who gets in his way of achieving what he yearns for is necessary then... yes, of course he will. He doesn't give a fuck. You'll be a fucking lucky man if he does anyway." He sighs. "Look, from now on, you need to listen to me ari, let me do what I have to do. " He says sternly.

I swallow.

"I know. Just... Harry I don't want to put this all on you. I can look after myself ok, I care about you."

I love Harry. I always have and I don't want him to get hurt. I don't want to lose him.

"Ari, I am serious." He asserts.

He gazes at me in frustration.

"I don't want you getting hurt either Harry," I whisper.

My gaze falling to my hands fidgeting on my lap.

He sighs and looks down for a moment before moving closer to me. He places a hand under my chin and forces me to look at him.

Our lips were inches apart from each other and I could feel his hot breath brushing against my skin. He leans his forehead against mine as my eyes glued to his rosy lips.