Chapter 52

| Fifty Two |

Despite being happy to be back in Luke's arms, I was still a little disconcerted by his sudden request. I understand his reasons, after all I wouldn't want him living with someone who he's had history with. I did care about him, I wanted to be with him. However, I couldn't escape the uneasy feeling which intruded my mind at the thought. A part of me didn't want to leave, I felt settled and moving in with Luke was too much. I already made that mistake by moving in with Harry so soon. And that was just as room mates.

*

I was growing uncomfortably impatient yet excited to see Blair. She was helping me get ready for the party tonight as well as herself.

Finally hearing tapping at the door, I run up from my bed and swing the door open.

"Hey babe," She squeals.

"Hey,"

"Where's Harry?" She whispers to me.

"He's in the living room," I respond.

"Oh,"

As normal, the door was shut which made me glad.

I shut the door and ran up the stairs, followed by Blair.

"Wow," She smiles as she gazes at my room.

I smile.

"Yeah, its a nice room," I laugh.

"Hell yeah," She grins. "The whole house is amazing."

"Yeah it really is,"

She grabs the curlers she saw and grins at me.

"No," I say.

"Please," She begs.

I sigh. "Only a little though,"

I sit down as she plugs in the curlers.

"So, I can't wait to meet this Luke," She smiles.

"He's a great guy," I smile.

Though, I couldn't help release a sigh.

"What?"

"Well... it's just he mentioned about me moving out of this place,"

"What?" She gasps.

"It's just he thinks I have feelings for Harry. I understand why he wants me too, I'm not annoyed. I just can't help feel a little unsure, I don't know..." I sigh. "I'm just being selfish."

"I understand, both sides." She replies. "I get that he just really cares for you and no one wants someone they love to be around their ex. But you're not being selfish, you can't help how you feel. It's scary how fast things are moving, not just in this relationship but life in general, coming out of college, Harry... it's hard."

"No exactly, that's why I am being selfish though. I shouldn't be feeling this way. He has every right to want this. I guess I need to do this though, maybe it'll be better than I think getting away from here... it's not healthy for me."

Blair nods, staring at me.

"Ari... if you don't mind me asking, what are you feeling though, I mean really feeling?"

"Feeling about what?"

"You know, this place... Harry..."

I swallow.

"My mind is a mess. I mean it when I say I want Luke, I guess it's just taking a little longer to heal. But I know that there's nothing between Harry and I anymore."

"Do you think that's why you don't want to move?"

I bite my lip.

"I–I don't know. I do really like the house, genuinely, a part from Harry, it's perfect. But yeah I guess a little bit is to do with Harry. Harry and I will never be anything. Moving out will allow me to truly heal and move on. It's just having to try heal and then move out to live with another guy is just... terrifying for me. I just feel like it's going too fast. I don't want to make the same mistake."

"I get it Ari," she says softly.

"I don't like talking about him. He's not worth it. I want you to understand I want Luke, it's just taking time to recover from..."

"No, I know you do, you can tell. I'm sorry about bringing Harry up, he's a dick."

"I need to be honest with myself. I just hate what he did... what do you think I should do Blair?"

"Well, it's not my place to say. It's how you feel Ari, don't do anything you don't feel is right. But..." she sighs. "In all honesty, as much as it is hard, I guess moving away from Harry is the best option. Luke is right, not necessarily about making you move into his, but so you can move on from Harry. It's a dangerous idea being in the same house with a guy you still hold feelings for. I just think you're going to have to do this for yourself, finding somewhere, for yourself. Moving into Luke's is clearly a scary thought for you right now so maybe suggest to him that he waits while you find a place of your own."

"Yeah, I guess." I say. "I just don't think he's going to be happy with me being here with Harry any longer even if I start looking for places of my own."

"He's going to have to compromise Ari. Anyway, I'm sure he'll understand, he seems like a nice guy from what I have heard from you."

I nod.

After discussing my dilemma, the curls drooped down my shoulder after Blair had finally finished.

Blair runs to my wardrobe as I admire Blair's work in the mirror.

"Well done Ariana, I see you've finally been out shopping." she calls.

I laugh.

"Try this one on."

I roll my eyes at her demand and snatch the dress from her.

I walk in to the bathroom, undress and slip into the black dress.

After squeezing into the dress, I walk out to Blair complimenting me.

My phone soon vibrated to be informed that Luke was outside. I walk out with Blair followed behind. I couldn't help but smile on how good he looked as he leant against his car.

"Hey babe," He smiles.

"Hey," I reply, kissing him on the lips.

"This is Blair," I smile.

They greet and hug. They have a short conversation about where they're from and all. They seemed to get along.

"Anyway, you ladies going to get in?" He smirks whilst holding the door open.

I laugh as Blair gets in first whilst thanking him. As I turn to get in I feel his hand on my ass which made me roll my eyes but smile.

"Thanks for that," I laugh.

"I couldn't help myself," he smirks.

I smile as Luke gets in and I feel the car beginning to move.

I begin to feel a little nervous at the possibility of Harry being there. After all, he always goes out to socialise. I had to admit, maybe I wanted to see Harry, only to see how he would react.

But I just couldn't risk that, I was never going to be with Harry and I knew that. I had to move on and Luke was my chance because I did truly like and want him. I didn't know how Harry was going to take the fact I was moving out. I knew he wouldn't care but some part of me knew he might react badly. It was exhausting keeping up with him and trying to calm him.