Chapter 88

| Eighty Eight |

'Because of you, I can feel myself slowly, but surely, becoming the me I have always dreamed of being.'
* * *

"I love you Harry," I say whilst smiling.

I grab his hand in mine and smile. His curly hair all messed up in different directions which made him look quite cute.

"I love you too," He replies, taking his bottom lip between his teeth.

I swallow.

"Now let's sort that bruise out Harry," I say, concerned.

My eyes dart to the small cuts here and there and the fairly large bruise that covered the top right part of Harry's face, just above his eyebrow.

"It's fine," He lifts his hand to his bruise but I stop him, pushing his hand down.

"No Harry, don't touch it... let me help you," I say.

My eyes swerve to Harry's eyes and back to the bruise every now and then. It was hard not to look, it just looked so painful.

"He hurt you, Johnny, I saw it and it was horrible. I know you are in pain,"

"I am not, I am fine," He mumbles, losing eye contact with me. "I need to be strong... for you,"

He always felt uncomfortable saying things like that.

"Harry, you don't need to be strong for me. You are in pain and I really don't want you to be... don't hide it Harry, not for me." I reply. "Just let me help you."

He hesitates before letting his marble green eyes come in contact with mine.

"Fine, but I am used to this Ari. I can look after myself." He says.

"I know you can, but I want to do something for you," I say.

He nods slowly before letting me grab his hand and pull him to the kitchen.

He takes a seat on a stool while I got to the sink, grabbing a cloth and running cold water over it.

"Harry... why was Johnny angry at you? What did you do?" I ask, keeping my attention on the cloth and the water spilling down.

"I... I ignored his orders..." I hear him say.

He sighs.

"I didn't want to do it... I thought about you, I had something to live for... for once."

I pause for a moment. I didn't want to ask what he had to do.

I swallow.

"I really didn't." he mumbles. "He is a fucking bastard."

"It's fine Harry, I understand." I say.

I get the cloth in my hands and carry it over. I sit next to him and with one hand hold his brown curls out of his face and with the other, gently dab on the bruise.

He groans slightly and his eyes shut.

"Look, I told you, you are in pain." I say.

"I am fine,"He replies once again.

I can see in the corner of my eyes he is looking at me making me smile slightly.

"So... where are you going tonight?" I ask.

"Why?" he replies.

"Nothing, I'm just concerned. I just want to make sure you're safe. I know I shouldn't be putting more stress on you. I won't bother or moan at you to tell me, I just don't want you to keep getting hurt by them Harry," I say. "I just want you to be happy,"

He bites his lip before gently taking the cloth out of my hand and placing it on the counter. His hands slither around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"I am fine Ariana, as long as I know you are safe, I am fine." He says softly. "I told you, I will do whatever to keep you safe and make you happy."

"But it doesn't matter about me Harry. I don't understand." I reply.

"What don't you understand Ari?" He replies, his voice so husky and smooth.

"Why are you choosing me over yourself Harry?You are important. I have moaned at you constantly, I know I can be annoying, I know that. I admire how protective and caring you are, but I don't understand why you want to protect me by putting yourself at risk. I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to you." I reply, looking down. "Besides, that's not the point. Stop putting yourself last Harry. You are important. Be kind to yourself."

"You are not just another girl Ari. You are the very person that has reminded me about the beauty of life... the beauty of love. You have helped me grow into the person my mother would be proud of. You're all I have and all I'll ever need. I want you to believe that." he smiles slightly. "I can't live without you. That's why."

I smile, tears filling my eyes.

I lean forward and gently press my lips against his, careful to keep away from the bruise.

"Not forgetting how sexy you are baby." He mumbles against my lips making me blush.

I love him. His strength was inspiring. I truly did admire his confidence and how protective he was over me. He did care.

Things were going to get better... I hope.

*

Harry gently plays with my hair as I rest on his chest. We both sat in silence on the couch watching TV. It was a nice comfortable silence, just being with him made me happy. Though, it didn't last because Harry's phone vibrated and we all know who it was and what it meant. Harry had to go.

"Babe, I have to go," He mumbles.

I sigh. "Ok,"

I move a little so he was able to get up. He bent down and kissed me, our lips moving in sync. He soon broke the kiss, walking out the room. I guess I had to get used to this.

I follow him to the hallway and watch him as he slides on his leather jacket.

"Just be careful Harry," I whisper.

He looks at me for a moment and nods.

"I will," Harry reassures.

He gives me one last smile before leaving into the darkness.

I bite my lip, standing for a moment. Letting thoughts fill me. Was this going to be forever? What if one day he didn't return?

I swallow.

I close the door before walking upstairs. I had so many emotions running through me. I just wanted to be with someone, with Harry. Once I get into my room, I clean up the mess. Just as I am about to leave, I pause as something catches my eye.

I found something which made me feel sick...

~

Sorry for the long wait. Something big is going to happen before Dare finishes. Thank you all so much.