Chapter 84

| Eighty Four |

'Chaos is an angel who fell in love with a demon'
- CHRISTOPHER POINDEXTER
* * *

The loud thumps of my heartbeat consumed my body as my ears ached with every palpitation. I shut the door, collapsing onto the cold ground. I choke on the tears that poured down aggressively as my hands covered my mouth. Broken.

How could Harry do this, something so inexplicably horrific, so shameful? Worse than that. Words couldn't justify how disgusting it was. How could I love someone this evil?

Selfish as it was, I couldn't help panic at the thought of myself being involved in this mess. What if I got into trouble? I mean I haven't done anything but being with Harry, people might find me suspicious too. I can't go to prison, I'm too young. My paranoia overtakes me.

I panic.

But the worst thing was that I had fallen in love, in love with this... monster.

I jump as the door swings open, seeing the tall figure of Harry dressed in all black. I quickly wipe my tears, trying to hold back from making any sound.

The room remained silent except from the noise of his boots pounding in. His eyes widen as he saw me and soon dart to something else.

Shutting the door, he lifts his arm and rests it on the back of his neck, scratching it.

"Look Ari, I want to apologise." he walks forward.

"Get away, stay away from me!" I screech.

I move myself away from Harry and he stares at me, baffled.

"What... Ari what?" he stutters. "Have you been crying?"

"Just stay away..." I shout.

It was difficult not to be afraid of him now after what he has done. I move further away until my back is pressed against the wall. I wonder on all the other secrets he has been hiding from me.

He could... hurt me.

"Ari? What's wrong, what have I done?"

"I–I I know what you have done Harry..." I mumble.

"What?" Harry whispers.

I chuck the photos at him. They scatter on the floor around him and he stares down in disbelief.

He bends down and picks one up.

"Where... Where did you get these?" He stutters whilst staring at it.

"That man... He came... he told me..." I sob.

His eyes widen.

"Curtis?"

I nod.

"That fucking c–" he grits before stopping himself.

He looks at me and steps towards me.

I try to escape but his hands grab my wrist and pull me into him as I squeal.

"Harry get off me." I panic.

"Please, Ari, just listen..."

I shake and hit and pull as he struggles to hold me still.

"Why should I listen to a fucking murderer." I cry. "Even he warned me. You made out all this time that he was the bad guy. But it's not Harry, it's you. You are the fucking monster."

"Ariana you need to listen to me. He has got it wrong Ari, you shouldn't have listened. You shouldn't believe him."

"So you haven't..." Just saying the word made me feel sick.

"...no but..."

"Harry." I scream, my mouth dropping.

I can't believe it's real, I can't believe he has done such disgusting things. I pull away from his grip and step away. I couldn't even look at him.

"Al–all this time... you didn't tell me? This is huge Harry, this is disgusting, you are disgusting. You weren't even thinking about telling me. You were touching me... all while you were doing all this shit. You didn't even think about what you were doing to these people. You have no moral conscious. What you did Harry..." I swallow. "You should know it's not right..."

I don't let Harry talk because I need him to know what I am feeling. What he has put me through. What he has put these innocent people through.

All these days, all these secrets. All this time he was a murderer and I didn't even know. What if he did anything to me?

"You have fucking killed people Harry." I scream. "How fucking dare you touch me with those hands."

Saying things like this, that he is a murderer, it just didn't seem real. I never thought I would be involved with someone like this.

"Ari..." Harry's eyes begin to water.

I have never really seen Harry cry.

"You are a fucking adult Harry, how can you do this. Do you have no empathy you psychopath!"

His body twitches, hurt, stung by the sound of that word.

"Just let me explain." He begs.

"No Harry, you don't deserve an explanation. There is no excuse." Water begins to slide down my cheek. "Don't you ever touch me again... I just can't believe this... I don't even know who you are."

"I had to Ariana!" He yells.

"You had to? What do you fucking mean Harry! No you didn't, you never have to fucking kill people. Why shouldn't I be at the police station right now?"

Harry's eyes widen.

"No Ari, no..." Harry says sternly.

I try and wipe the tears that are pouring down rapidly. My breathing out of control. I knew I was going to have a panic attack anytime minute now.

"What are you going to do about it huh? Hurt me too?" I scream.

His eyes widen.

"Ari no. Don't fucking say that. It's not what you think."

"I just can't believe you Harry." I whisper before making my way to the stairs.

"What if I did it to save someone." He mumbles quickly.

I stop, already half way up the stairs.

I turn slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"I did it to protect..."

"What Harry." I cry.

"Just let me explain first."

"Why should I let you." I mumble.

"Ari..."

"How can I trust you? What if you do the same to me right now..."

"Ariana stop, stop fucking saying that. Don't you fucking dare think that, I would never." he says. "Just let me explain, it's not what you think."

I hesitate. I make my way down the stairs slowly but keep my distance.

"This is your only chance." I mutter.

He manages to force a smile despite his damp tears staining his face.

"Thank you." He whispers.