Chapter 5

| Five |

Twisting the key into the keyhole, I push open the door to my dorm room, my eyes fixed on my phone. I notice a male figure on Blair's bed in the corner of my eye but prevent myself from drawing my attention away from the screen. Usually it's just one of Blair's mates but the silence as I walked in suggested different. Perhaps it was one I had never met. I really didn't want to have the awkward small talk so I pretend to not have noticed. I'd rather leave it to them if they'd prefer to converse or not.

I walk to my side of the room, chuck my bag down by my bed and place my books onto my desk. I felt uneasy by the unknown presence and immediately feel bad for ignoring the guy. Maybe they were feeling just as awkward. I had to snap out of this mood I seemed to be in and be polite and greet them.

"Aren't you going to say hello?"

I was a little startled by the blunt response of this unknown figure.

"Uhh what—" I turn around and my mouth drops.

"What! What are you doing here? How the hell did you find me?"

"Well I did say I'd be around here," Harry shrugs, laughing slightly. "Thought I'd pop in and see how you are," He smirks, obviously taking the piss.

"How did you get in?"

"Your room mate, Blake is it? Well she let me in."

I groan.

"Blair, it is Blair. What are you doing here anyway?" I ask.

"To see you,"

"Yeah, but what about what I want. I don't want to see you. You can't just let yourself in, just when you want. You don't even fucking know me,"

He frustrates me so much.

"Then let me get to know you," he replies.

I stare him, stuttering slightly at the response I was not expecting. His eagerness was concerning: I assume I should take this as a clear warning about the type of guy I seem to have got myself involved with. This didn't seem right; Harry eager for a girl? No. I knew about his intentions but was it really worth all this energy? There must be another reason or maybe his ego really was that important to him.

"Why should I?" I respond.

He raises an eyebrow.

"Because you keep repeating we don't know each other, so why not let us." He smirks.

"But that doesn't mean I want to either. Do you ever listen or are you really that obsessed with yourself."

"You're just stubborn."

"Because I don't want anything to do with you after you forced yourself upon me?"

"I apologised for that."

"You didn't."

"I'm telling you now then. It was a party, we were fucked up, stop clinging to that."

"Are you serious?" I say. "Don't excuse your shit behaviour and blame it on me."

"I'm fucking not. I wasn't going to force you if you didn't want to. You just keep bringing it up."

"Because that's all we know of each other and it's not ok."

"Well you're the one rejecting any opportunity for us to get to know each other."

"Yes because I know your intentions Harry, I'm not fucking stupid."

He lifts his head up and his eyebrows lower.

"Like I mentioned before, to your way of thinking, how can you assume anything without knowing me."

"How can your intentions change within twenty–four hours?"

He settles back down into the bed and his eyes move away from mine. His eyebrows remained low and his lips released a low sigh. You could tell he was frustrated by my refusal to accept his command.

"All I'm asking is to go out as fucking friends."

That was a first, hearing friends pour out of Harry's mouth. I bite my lip, deep in thought. There was no point in arguing any longer, I didn't want to waste any more time and energy on a man who was stubborn himself. He doesn't give up until he's got what he wants, and whilst that won't be me, perhaps going out with him will give him some closure. I guess I could use this as an opportunity to prove how different we were. He'll eventually give up, he doesn't have the patience.

"Fine," I state. "I mean, if it gets you to leave me alone after, then fine."

His dark eyes dart to mine from the other side of the room, watching me as I sit down on my bed.

His smirk returned to his dull face, for once, surprised by my response.

"Only as friends." I remind him.

He nods but his face remained with the same smug look.

"Nothing will ever happen between us ok." I mumble.

"We'll see," He says, his head resting against the wooden frame

I sigh.

"I mean it Harry. I don't understand what you're doing. It doesn't feel right. I'm giving you the heads up so we don't waste each other's time. A normal person wouldn't be making this much effort with someone they don't know."

"What are you on about, we're friends now darlin'," He smirks. "You're just afraid if you spend any more time with me you'll end up actually liking me."

He chuckles.

His arrogance irritated me and I could feel myself tense. If he wants to play, why can't I.

"Oh please, I would never. Give it a few days. I'll play you at your own game."

"Longer,"

"A week— what am I doing? No."

He releases a cold chuckle.

I take a deep breath and calm myself down from making any more irrational decisions. He was doing this on purpose, using reverse psychology to give himself more time. I had fallen into his trap.

Even giving into one day seemed to not be as good as an idea as I thought it would be. Despite how difficult he was, I seemed to enjoy his frustration when he no longer had control or power. He always gets what he wants and now by doing this, I was giving into him without realising. A day was enough time for him to manipulate me. He knew what he was doing.

"I don't mean any of this. I know what you're doing. I am not doing this."

"You are, give it a few weeks."

"No, this is a one–day thing only."

"You want months?"

I groan.

"If it means I can finally prove something to you, fine."