Chapter 63

| Sixty Three |
* * *
HARRY
~

I carry on walking up to the large white door in silence with Ariana by my side.

Was I just a friend to her? I was perplexed by this situation of ours all the same but friend just didn't feel right. After everything. Everything we've been through. Is that what she wanted?

I wasn't fighting for her all those months just to be viewed as a mate.

She hesitates before lifting her hand and knocking on the fairly large white door. Only in a matter of seconds, the door swung open, welcomed with a toothy grin from her Aunt.

My eyes observe her brown hair, shoulder length, brown eyes, quite tall but not enough to be taller than me. She shared many similarities with Ariana. Maybe I would get to meet Ariana's mother too one day.

"Ahh hello Ariana," She smiles pulling her into a hug.

I watched them from the side, patiently waiting. For some reason, I felt anxious. Something I rarely feel.

Once they had untangled from the hug, her eyes wonder to me.

"Ahh, hello, you must be... Harry is it?" She smiles. "She mentioned she was bringing a friend over for lunch."

Friend? I don't know why it agitates me so fucking much.

I nod with a smile and shake her hand.

"It's lovely to meet you." I smile.

In the corner of my eye I could see Ariana glaring at me with a smile on her face.

"Lovely to meet you too Harry, I am Jane, Ariana's aunt as you must know," She smiles.

"Thank you for allowing me to come over." I smile.

"Oh that's no problem at all." She cheers. "Ariana's mentioned you before, we had to meet you!"

This time a sly grin crawls onto my face as I turn to face Ariana. Raising my eyebrows with a smirk. I felt myself loosen my tense posture.

"Jane," She complains playfully.

Jane returns a laugh.

"Anyway, please come in you two."

I follow Ariana inside.

It is very spacious and well kept, beautiful actually. My attention is drawn by the the large painting hung on the wall. I couldn't help but admire it.

"What do you think of this one?" A soft voice says from behind.

I turn slightly to see Jane.

"Stunning.  The intensity of the analogous colours are beautiful," I express.

"I do agree," She smiles. "You know I am very impressed. I've heard you've got some impressive pieces of your own."

"They're some of the best pieces I own." I smile.

I was a little astonished by how welcoming she was to me despite lacking in any knowledge about my past or I. It felt refreshing. To not be judged for once, not that it often bothered me anyway.

"I hope Ariana has said only good things about me." I say, as we both chuckle.

Ariana had already disappeared into another room. I felt the nerves kick in asking that, after all, I only wanted to make a good impression.

"Of course." She smiles. "She did mention how kind you had been to have been helping her out, with the house and all. We appreciate it ourselves, we care about her very much. I like to meet people close to Ariana, especially to say a thank you to you for your kindness."

"I'm always happy to help." I smile. "Ariana's a lovely girl."

She's lost at thought before looking at me again.

"I know I really shouldn't, but it seems like she does care about you a lot. Friends, I know. But you two seem sweet together." She chuckles softly.

I return a smile, feeling the drum of my heart beat. Her aunt had made me feel so welcomed already, she was lovely. At the same time, I felt somewhat guilty. It felt undeserving. They didn't know the half of it, not the pain I had caused Ariana. It seems like she had avoided that conversation with them. But I was glad. I only wanted a new chance to provide a worthy impression, because I was only genuine. It felt nice to be respected without needing to prove myself for once. Without judgement. I was guilty of my past. But I only wanted to be better.

"I do care about her." I say.

She shines a warm smile.

"Anyway, I better get the lunch ready, come in." She smiles.

I nod and follow her into what seems the living room. Jane left and heads to what I assume was the kitchen. I search to see Ariana sitting, laughing with a man which I presumed was her uncle.

I walk forward near to Ariana and both their heads look up to me.

"Oh this is Harry," She smiles to her uncle.

He stands up, a warm smile plasters on his face.

"Hello Sir," I say.

He chuckles lightly.

"Hello Harry. Please, don't call me sir. Matt's just fine," He smiles.

My eyes observe him, his short brown hair and matching brown eyes. He was just a little smaller than my 6'2 height.

I smile, warmed by the kind hospitality they had welcomed me with.

"It is nice to meet you... Matt," I smile.

"Nice to meet you too, please sit down and relax. I better go see Jane and see if she needs any help," He smiles before leaving the room.

My head turns to face Ariana who is already looking at me.

"So, what do you think?" She asks.

"They're lovely," I say.

I walk over and sit next to her.

She smiles.

"I love them very much," She looks down, her hands rested on her lap. "It means a lot that you're all getting along."

"Of course Ariana," I smile. "I only want that too."

She smiles.

I bite my lip as she kisses me on the cheek.

We are interrupted by the sound of footsteps of a guy enter the room.

"Hey Ariana—" He stops as soon as he saw me.

I swallow.

Fuck.