Chapter 62

| Sixty Two |

* Sorry for all the mix ups and changes, you all have been amazing. *
~

"Anyway Harry, when will I meet your father?" I ask him as I watch things pass out the glass window.

As usual, I was only met with silence.

"I better rephrase that, will I even be able to meet him," I mumble.

I swerve my head to look over at him.

"I don't know." His jaw tightens. "It's not a big deal."

"Why not?" I ask.

"I don't want to talk about it," He grits.

I bite my lip. He was suppressing something, I knew it.

"I'm letting you meet some of the most important people of my life. I just want to be able to meet yours. It might not be a big deal for you, but it is for me." I express. "But ultimately, I know it's your decision."

I hear him sigh and he glances at me for a moment before returning back to the road ahead.

"Ari, you don't understand." He mumbles.

"Help me understand."

He clenches his jaw and just like usual he doesn't respond.

Eventually, his lips move slightly as if he wants to speak.

"It's just..." he sighs. "It's just he has a tendency to drink ok, I don't know if I want to risk it."

My mouth parts.

"Your father?" I ask.

He nods.

"I apologise, I didn't realise." I say softly.

"It's fine. It's hard to understand."

"No, I do understand Harry. My mother used to drink," I mumble.

His lips part.

"Used to?"

"She stopped, well I hope she has, I don't really get a chance to talk to her..." I gulp. "We're trying to rebuild our relationship."

He pauses.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm glad she's healing." He comforts.

I look at him while he concentrated on the road.

"Thank you," I smile. "I'm sorry to hear about your father. If you don't mind, I thought you two had... well, a close relationship?"

"In a way."

I nod, returning my attention back to the window, processing everything.

As much as I wanted to continue the conversation, the car had already come to a halt and my nerves returned. I step out, slamming the car door shut behind me as I study the front garden.

The sun shines as my eyes wonder to the vibrant, green grass which was freshly cut. Beautiful flowers that grew at the sides complimented the garden well. A neat pathway lead to the beautiful large white house. My Aunt and Uncle always liked to keep things neat and tidy, especially gardening and you could tell they were amazing at it.

Harry steps out, sliding on his black shades which I had to admit looked hot.

He steps forward next to me and entwines his hands with mine. I smile.

We walk down the path before I let go of his hand. He stares at me a little confused.

I haven't really talked about Harry and I's situation to them, to be honest I didn't know what we were even myself.

I didn't know what to reply to the confusion on his face.

"Is something wrong Ari?"

"I-I'm fine, just a little nervous," I say.

"Why?"

"Just the thought of bringing a... friend to my Aunt and Uncle's house." I stutter.

He stares at me for a second before turning away.

"Oh,"

"What?" I ask him.

"I'm fine," He mumbles.