Chapter 53

| Fifty Three |

My eyes glide over the packed house as soon as we enter, overwhelmed by the music roaring in my ears. I feel the warmth of Luke's hand wrapping around mine as his attention fell onto the crowds of bodies in front of us. I admire his ruffled hair and gorgeous brown eyes which never failed to offer a sense of comfort. I smile; this guy was mine.

"Want a drink?" He whispers in my ear.

I nod my head and I follow him through the sweaty bodies, clutching onto his hand.

Passing the endless crowds of people, my eyes locked onto a familiar person. Brown curls, tall... Harry. Despite hoping he wouldn't make an entrance tonight, I knew he'd be here. Standing there, chatting with another girl. I bite my lip, just looking at him sent me mixed emotions. That's exactly why I didn't want him here, I just begged for one night without him. I wanted enjoy myself without having to worry about him. It broke me a little to see him with someone else, especially when he had just apologised yesterday. But, as I said before, I'm not surprised because it was him.

I swerve my head away as soon as I realise Harry's green eyes met mine. The blonde haired girl carried on chatting to him, gently leaning forward and placing a hand on his chest.

I could feel his gaze on me, suddenly feeling a little self-conscious. I tried my best to pass through the crowds of people as fast as I could in hopes he would lose sight of me.

I feel a soft tap on the shoulder, turning to see Luke carrying two red cup for both of us. I clutch onto the cup Luke handed me, thanking him.

I try my best to not react to the situation I seemed to be caught in now. I felt my stomach curl at the thought that both Harry and Luke were in the same room. Something didn't feel right. He knew I was here now. I just hope he doesn't come up to me or make a scene.

Luke and I began chatting but half way through my mind would get distracted by the thought of Harry with someone else.

My attention suddenly returned to the words Luke poured from his lips, spilling the very subject I hoped he would never remind me of.

"So when are you moving out?" He asks.

"I don't know." I swallow, guiding my eyes to the floor.

"What do you mean Ari? Soon right?"

I force my eyes to confront his.

"Look Luke..." I bite my lip.

His eyebrows lower.

"You don't want to, do you." he sighs, looking away.

"No, no," I say, grabbing onto his arm. "I do it's just—"

"You don't want to leave H—"

"No Luke. Don't say that." I shout slightly. "It's not that, I am moving out,"

His eyes dart to mine.

"You are?"

I bite my lip.

"Yeah, I am ok. It's just—"

Out of nowhere, some guys call Luke's name.

He looks over at me as I sigh.

"It's fine, go over. We'll talk about this later."

"Come over with me and meet them babe,"

"Maybe later? I need to look for Blair now anyway, I want to wait until the drink kicks in," I lie, chuckling slightly.

He smiles, leaning in and feeling his plump lips on mine.