Chapter 35

| Thirty Five |

"Ha-Harry?" I stutter. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

He smirks.

"Blair told me,"

He strips off his clothes leaving his boxers on. Carelessly, he throws them onto the nearest chair and jumps in. I can't help but stare at his body once again, admiring the details of his tattoos.

He starts swimming towards me and I snap out of the trance. I need to get out.

I rush up the steps and climb out of the pool and ran to my towel.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

I bite my lip.

I'm not usually this insecure and all but I just felt nervous with Harry. I mean, I don't know.

And of all people it's Harry. He's been with so many girls, he has an expectation, I just felt uncomfortable.

Every body is beautiful, because it's true, no matter what you look like. I don't care what people think. But I will never forget that memory.

The flashbacks broke me a little. People can be nothing but cruel at times. I didn't let it get to me too much anymore, it was years ago. And I'm learning to love myself. I guess the thought of Harry provoked all these hidden insecurities.

"Harry," I begin, keeping the towel tightly wrapped around my body. "Look I think I'm going to get out now."

Desperately trying to find an excuse. I failed.

"Have I done something wrong?"

"No, no it's just—"

His eyebrows narrow as he bites his lip, staring at me. I find him swimming over to the side of the pool to be closer to me.

"Babe, it's ok," he says softly.

Did he just come to check my body?

He gets out the pool, water sliding down his body. I couldn't help but stare and think how hot he looked.

He walks over to me so there were only inches away from us. He grabs hold of my hand.

"Ariana, it's ok."

"Harry—"

"Ariana if this is what I think it's about, I just want you to know that you're beautiful. I know what you think of me and you have every right to, but I promise I'm not like that," He says softly.

I bite my lip. A little taken back. It wasn't used to hearing these kind of words pour from Harry's lips.

He clutches onto my towel but I stiffen.

"What's wrong Ariana, tell me."

I swallow.

"You won't say anything to anyone right?" I say.

"Of course I won't Ariana,"

"I'm not usually like this. I don't know. It's stupid. It's just this... guy I was seeing wanted to do things I wasn't ready for. I said no and he just turned against me. He made comments. Some nasty ones... and you know spread some stuff about, about my body, the scars and all that stuff."

"Ariana," he whispers. "Why do you listen to him? He's fucked up. He's just jealous, people like that have no life."

I look down.

"I know but, I don't know. This is why I'm so defensive, I don't want to get hurt again." I sigh.

I look at the floor.

"I know you don't mean to, but it's just I know you have expectations."

"Ariana, look I'm not perfect, I've made mistakes myself. So I know it's hard for you to trust me. But I'm not that person. I would never do that to you. I think you're fucking hot." He says softly, biting his lower lip. "But you're personality is amazing and that's the most important thing, and flaws don't make people anything less than who they are anyway. I'll never be disappointed when it comes to you ok,"

He tugs slightly at my towel.

"Harry,"

"Please," he whispers.

I look at him before letting him drop the towel to the ground. After all, if someone was to act in a demeaning way because of the shape of a body then they are the epitome of everything I hate, they would not be worth it.

I watch as he slowly lowers his head, his eyes wondering down my body whilst chewing at his bottom lip. His breathing hitched and I look away.

"Ari," He gently lifts up my chin. "You are fucking beautiful, what the fuck,"

I look at him, smiling slightly at how genuinely overwhelmed he looked.

"I'm speechless," he mumbles.

I admired this side of Harry.

He leans forward and our lips connect. I don't want to pull away.

It is a soft, gentle kiss rather than a rough one. He pulls away and we both stare at each other, smiling. Both at ease and content with each others existence.

"Thank you," He whispers.

"For what,"

"For helping me find myself again," he mumbles, slowly brushing my cheek with his thumb.