Chapter 30

| Thirty |

My whole body felt weak as my nerves had completely devoured me. It wasn't like I had not studied, I worked so hard, but you just didn't know what to expect nowadays. College takes so much out of you.

I fiddle with my fingers as I walk up to the hall. You could find this all out online, but I had stayed around campus, and so had most people, to enjoy our last few moments here. A few people had come up in person, I could easily create a clear distinction between who had passed and who had failed. Some in tears and some squealing in happiness.

I gulp. It just made me feel even worse and I felt my heart ache for those who had broken down in tears.

I didn't want to disappoint anyone, especially not my Aunt and Uncle who have helped me enormously throughout the years. It's been difficult but they've always been there. They've paid and helped me with my education, I need to make them proud. I have worked so hard for this.

Though, I couldn't leave out my mother. I still see her despite it not being as much as I want. I just don't live with her. I just wanted her to heal, mentally and physically: the reminder of her dark past with alcohol was too painful to imagine.

Eventually, I collect my envelope, gripping onto it tightly. I felt so weak.

I bite my lip, maybe a little too hard that it stung.

I tear open the A4 envelope before taking a deep breath and pulling out the sheet of paper.

I close my eyes and swallow. I had to prepare myself.

Seconds later, my eyes opened slightly. More and more until my eyes were rapidly scanning the sheet.

I froze, was it a dream?

I had passed. And not only that, but with a first in Psychology.

I felt myself release the biggest sigh of relief I ever had, it felt like I had been holding my breath for too long and I was finally back to normal again.

I am speechless. I just felt so humble and grateful for everything. This had all worked out.

"What do you think about your results," Professor Stephenson interrupts with a smile.

"I-I'm speechless," I say, not letting my eyes leave the sheet.

"You did extremely well, I am so proud of you Ariana. You deserve it." He smiles.

We hug before letting him wonder to other students.

I bite my lip.

I have to tell Harry. I have to tell my Aunt and Uncle, they should know first.

They didn't pick up after calling relentlessly, assuming they were either busy or still in bed at this time of the morning.

After that, all I wanted to soeak to was Harry.

I spent the last fifteen minutes speaking to a few people and friends: motivating those who felt low about their results and congratulated those who had passed. I greeted the teachers and after all this chaos, I ran out to my dorm.

I barge open the door — which luckily was open — expecting Harry to be resting on Blair's bed but to my surprise wasn't there.

Instead, he was standing by my drawers; holding my lace underwear.

"Harry!" I shout.

"What?" He chuckles.

"Don't go through my draws," I say a little embarrassed.

I walk over, snatch my underwear garments back and push him away, closing the draw.

"Why the fuck were you looking at my underwear?"

"I was bored and was a little curious that's all," He smirks.

He sat down on my bed this time and I stay in my spot, guarding my draws.

He licks his lips, glaring at me.

"They're fucking sexy, I would love to see you in them or maybe—"

"Harry." I say sternly.

"I was just fucking around Ari, calm down," He laughs. "...Or maybe I wasn't,"

I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, your results..." Harry asks.

" I.." I look down, pretending to look sad.

I was going to fool Harry so bad.

"Oh, look Ari... it's fine,"

He stands up, stepping towards me and wrapping his long arms around me.

It felt nice to be in his arms and I felt a little surprised by his actions.

I couldn't hold it any longer though. I burst out laughing as I watch him step back and stare at me, confused.

"I got a first!" I scream.

His mouth drops slightly.

"You fucking fooled me," He says surprised.

I laugh.

"Pay back," he smirks.

He walks over to me and picks me up, chucking me on the bed and playfully tickling me.

"Harry stop," I scream out laughing.

I try and push him but I couldn't get off his strong grip.

"Harry, please!"

Somehow he ended on top of me.

"See I fucking told you Ari, I knew you would pass." He smirks.

I smile, studying his facial features. I couldn't help but think about how cute he looked with his curls dangling over face as he looked down at me.

He glares back, his eyes lowering to my lips. His face begins getting closer to mine and I felt my pulse fasten a little.

"HELLO,"

The sound of Blair's voice startled me and I automatically push Harry off as Blair propels through the door.

"Oh..." she stumbles back a little, her eyes dart between us. "I can leave,"

She smirks, letting out a small laugh.

"No. You can stay, nothing is going on. "

Harry turns at looks at me, but I just shrug. Nothing was going on, was there?