Chapter 74

| Seventy Four |
* * *
ARIANA
~

I guide Harry's cut under the water spilling from the kitchen tap and repeat my actions like last time. His head rested on my shoulder, sitting patiently on the stool beside me. He looked adorable. He had remained calm despite the depth of the cut which drizzled out red.

The panic attack seemed to have an affect on me with the reminder of it aching my mind. He was suffering and it startled me to see him in such a way: so much emotion, so much pain. Witnessing him unable to control himself poured endless worries into my already overcrowded mind.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

He bites his lip and nods.

"Thank you again," he whispers softly, leaning in and placing a kiss on my cheek.

I smile. "Let's go clear up the mess then,"

He nods and grabs my hand.

"But let me clear the glass up," He asserts sternly.

"Harry, please, it's fine. You're the one who has been hurt anyway."

"I know Ari, but I would rather get hurt than let you." he affirms, lowering his eyebrows.

I sigh and follow him upstairs, entering into the chaotic remains of his bedroom. He bends down and starts picking up the large pieces of glass with his bare hands. I don't understand why he can't just use a broom. Though, Harry always chooses the hard way. Always.

I watch him and soon study the room, even the drawers had a dent in it. It was the physicality of Harry's pain.

I notice something on the bed leaving me curious. I step round the glass and over to the bed to find a photo.

I pick it up and analyse the photo of a rather beautiful young woman: brown hair, blue eyes and a toothy grin. Next to the woman was a small and rather adorable boy: big green eyes and brown hair.

They look familiar but I couldn't make out who.

Harry stops and looks up at me.

"What are you looking at?" Harry asks me.

"Oh, nothing..." I stutter, placing it down.

He gets up and walks over to me. His eyes dart from the photo and back to mine.

"Harry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to look," I apologise.

"No... it's fine." He mumbled softly.

He grabs the photo, studying it. A small smile appeared, whilst his eyes seemed to water slightly. His smile seemed pained and mournful.

"Who are they?" I ask him softly, walking towards him and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"My... my mother and I," he says.

My lips part, speechless.

"She's beautiful." I smile sympathetically.

He nods.

"I miss her. I know I'll meet her when it's my time."

He stares at the photo, at her, never losing contact with it whilst I place my lips on his cheek.

"I'm sorry about your loss Harry. It's a lovely photo."

He smiles slightly, wrapping one of his arms around me.

"Look sorry about picking it up, I know it's a difficult time already." I apologise.

"No, Ariana, it's fine. Stop apologising. I want you to see her. It's just some days hit harder, that's all."